*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055117-My-Old-Mans-House-in-Time-Square
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2055117
Bill struggles to let go of his parents home after they both died.
“I live here! I know that it ain’t much, but I like it!” said Bill

“Well, if you truly like it so much, then why don’t I divorce you so you could marry the damn house!” said Claire.

The house in question here, is a 1920’s style house that Bill grew up in when he was a kid. When his parents died back in 2002, both from heart attacks oddly enough, they give the rights to the house to Bill and his wife Claire. Claire originally liked the house because it had a beautiful view of Time Square. Yes, the Time Square, and I know what you are thinking right now: How does a little dinky, one floor, town house survive when the modern day Time Square was made. Well, Bill’s father was one of the main project managers for Time Square, so he was able to make sure that his house stayed put and was not knocked down. However, since he died, the mayor of NYC kept pestering Bill to let them knock down Bill’s house and build another great big sky-scraper. Bill of course, resisted, so his wife would need to step up her game of persuading him to move out into the country.

“Bill, honey, some kids spray painted the house again.” Said Claire.

“God damnit, Claire, those hoodlums should just go to hell!” Screamed Bill.

As the days passed by, Bill’s got a whole lot more angry at everything to the point where he started to have heart problems. So, Bill went to the doctor and the doctor told him that he should let go of his parents for good in order to have a healthy heart.

So, Bill and Claire moved out to the country and they lived happily ever after!

© Copyright 2015 Palladino (tom_palladino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055117-My-Old-Mans-House-in-Time-Square