*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055367-The-Door
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #2055367
The consequences of disobeying your mom
Light glowed from the door. Many times her mother had warned her not to so much as look at it. Yet Carly was once again spending the night staring at the door and wondered why there was light coming from it. Some nights she thought about touching it but her mother's warning to stay away from it filled her head, so she just stared.

"Go on and open the door," A lady appeared out of nowhere. Her blond hair fell in her face, she opened her mouth wide and snapped her gum. "Only fraidy cats don't open the door. Are you a fraidy cat?"

"N-n-no. But mom says not to..." Carly's heart was thundering in her chest. Her big blues eyes widened at the thought of opening the door. Could she do it? Her mom had said not to and at the age of 8, mom's word was gospel.

"Mom says not to." The stranger mocked. She narrowed her eyes at Carly, almost as if daring her to repeat it again. Instead the little girl walked closer to the forbidden entryway. As she got closer, the light glowed brighter. âOpen it.

Just do it.âCarly grabbed the handle, took a deep breath and twisted the knob. For a brief moment, the light blinded her. When she able to see again, the sight that was awaiting her was shocking. It took her breath away and made her want her mom to hold her tightly.

On the other side was an older version of herself. But she wasnât herself, her skin was grey and her eyes were a reddish color. The stranger came up to her and pushed her through the door. Her mother heard the door close and began yelling, âCarly! Carly! Answer me!â

It was too late, the little girls fate was sealedâ¦.

© Copyright 2015 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055367-The-Door