*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055422-Crush
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #2055422
Some students ask help with their secret crush they don't have the courage to approach
Peter was standing besides the bench his friend Rachel was sitting on. Peter had short brown hair, and looked pretty average, though he was one of the best students in school which he was proud of. Rachel had red hair and by all means was a fairly pretty girl, but since she and Peter were friends since kindergarten, it didn’t really matter. It was just after school, and the two had some time before their bus would arrive to take them home. Peter was asking Rachel for her help and opinion.

“Stop saying that! I can’t just walk up to her and ask!”

“Why not?”

“Because she’s never alone! It’d be embarrassing.”

Rachel shook her head. “You’re really overcomplicating it, aren’t you?”

“No I’m not.” Peter said, looking up at the school entrance as it opened. A blonde girl stepped outside, probably also going home. It was Kate, the girl Peter had a crush on but was too socially inept to just walk up to her and tell, and the reason for that quickly became apparent as another person followed close behind. A clearly well-build guy in a tight white shirt was walking behind Kate as they left the building. Peter knew him; he was Joe, one of the bullies in school. He always picked on Peter when he had the chance. The two walked down the stairs in front of the school, talking. They gave a quick glance at Peter and Rachel then walked the other way.

“See?” Peter said, trying not to look at the two as they walked by. “That musclebrain is hitting on her! How can I even compete?”

Rachel looked up as well, watching as Kate stopped by the fence, Joe leaning onto it as they kept talking. “Why do you think he’s hitting on her?”

“What else would he be doing?” Peter shrugged. “He’s not the type to just have idle chat, you know that.”

Rachel shrugged as well. “You should have been quicker asking her out then.”

“How could I even measure up? He’s a tower of muscles and I’m just… you know.”

“A brainiac?” Rachel grinned, looking at her friend.

“Thank you.” Peter rolled his eyes. “You’re so helpful.”





“But I was told you know her!”

“I don’t know where you got that info. We attend supplementary PE together, but that doesn’t mean we talk.”

“Hrm…” Joe wasn’t amused as his plan seemed to crumble. He and Kate were walking through the school lobby towards the exit, as the day was over.

“Why are you asking me anyway? Can’t you just go up to her and ask her personally?”

“It doesn’t work like that! Jeez, you girls…” Joe shook his head. “She already has a boyfriend or something, and I may be a jerk sometimes but I know the Bro Code. No hitting on people in relationships. So I need to find out if they’re actually together like that.”

“Well, I can’t help you. I don’t know either of them.” Kate said as she opened the door and left the school building, Joe walking close behind her. “Why don’t you ask him then? You seem to like picking on him.”

“I’d like to, but…” he started, but then noticed two people at a nearby bench. Peter and Rachel; he knew both of them well. “Look, there they are.”

Kate looked up as well, then they quickly looked away. “Right. It’s your chance to ask.”

“No way, not when they’re together like that!”

“Why are you so afraid anyway?”

“What do you mean? Just look at him!” Joe leaned onto the fence they walked by. “Isn’t he one of the top students in school or something? I’m nobody compared to that! Why would she even bother with me?”

“They’ve been together for quite a while though, if that’s the case. You should have been quicker to ask her.” Kate said. She stopped walking as well when Joe stopped by the fence.

“Right…” Joe sighed. “Well, thanks anyway. And don’t tell anyone I asked. It’d be bad for my image.”

“Sure.” Kate just said, rolling her eyes. “Glad to be of help.”

© Copyright 2015 The Scribbler (cruent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055422-Crush