*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055575-Odile
by Rhye
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2055575
A goodbye and apology letter
To the distinguished mister Fuchsin,

On behalf of the entire doctorate currently employed in the left wing of the st. Odile's Department for Optometric Research and Development.

We give you our sincerest apologies for not giving you and your brilliant work the credit you deserve. We especially would like to apologize for the events that went down in succession of last week's bimonthly presentation. Even though we understand the board of directors was more than amused with the monkey wielding a fire extinguisher, we understand this put a damper on your own submission. In all fairness, the bananas have been banned as by company policy following the three-chairs and a mezzanine incident, to which you and the Chief of staff's mother were the only casualties. That is, if you don't count the banana-peel. But since banana's have had no place within these company walls, there was no way for us to anticipate the rampage Coco went on, therefore we can hardly be blamed. Still, we apologize. We regret the turn of events that led to your abdication. You will be missed. We will especially miss the way you flailed your arms to escape the horrible biting termites we once let loose in your cubicle. The way you could endure pain in combination with producing that high pitched scream while doing an intensive work-out was impressive, to say the least. All of us will fondly remember you as we walk past the cracked wall where you eventually lost consciousness that day. You completed us as a team. When there was any form of dispute within the ranks, you were always there to be the scapegoat for all of us to pick on, making us a firmly bonded team.

When we heard about your relocation to this town, to this company where no-one had ever heard of you, we took the liberty of making your transition to a new home a little easier by telling your new colleagues all about you and your vital role within this wing, along with some folly suggestions for nicknames, most of which are related to your last name. Naturally, the twenty-foot-banner currently adorning your new home on the other side of the country was merely a little going away present. We will let it's message speak for itself.

We miss you,

Your ex-co's
© Copyright 2015 Rhye (rhye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055575-Odile