*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055924-Beginning-of-a-chapter
by JaImEe
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2055924
A journey full of mystery and danger for a girl whos lost everything
ONE
Aria wasn't especially smart or interesting, or so she thought. All she had to do was look at her life so far and she knew that she was a disappointment, an embarrassment to anyone who knew her. Her life ripped out from right from under her nose. She had lost everything. Her life, now nothing more than a crumbling mess. Everything she did, every decision she had made, only seemed to make things spin further out of control. The bright future she had once worked so hard to achieve, gone in a moment of stupidity. She had let her heart decide and this was the result.
Strolling down the dark deserted streets on her way to work Aria was wearing just enough to cover her. The rain belted down, cooling her tanned flesh and dampening her Auburn hair. There was just enough light coming from the defective, flickering street lamps so she could see where she was going. She wished it were quiet. But it never was, even the street lamps were humming a depressing melody.

She could hear dogs barking in the distance, and sirens from police cars and ambulances all around her. The whole city was covered in a dense smog making it harder to breathe. But what could she expect from a run-down industrial city like Light view. No matter where you were in the city there seemed to be something happening. If she hadn’t lived here for long enough, she'd be scared to death to leave her shitty little apartment. But regardless, this was her home... at least for the time being. She shook her head and attempted to see the stars through the polluted sky. She couldn't believe that this was what she had been reduced too. She picked up the pace, her tattered red heels clunking against the concrete. The rain was getting heavier now, the storms were starting to roll in.

Aria barged through the large doors of a seedy club, which looked like it hadn’t been re-decorated since the 1800's. Heading for the changing rooms towards the back of the building. It was a big place considering the area it was in. It must have been a theater or something back in the day. The decorative casing and embellishments all around the place was enough proof of that. It must have been a spectacular place to be before it became so run down and unkempt.
"Hey Darlin'!" Bobby shouted stopping Aria in her tracks.
Bobby was a heavy set man, with long greasy black hair falling over his face. He stood stroking his beard, it looked like he was trying to be a tough biker in the 70's. His breath reeked of tobacco and whiskey. He was missing teeth and his aroma indicated him having not bathed for quite some time.
"Hey Bobby" She said looking at the disgusting carpet. Trying not to look at him. His whole appearance and demeanor made her physically sick.
His coarse sweaty hands clasped around Arias forearm in a tight grasp as he pulled her close to him. He got a lustful look in his eye and took in a deep breath. His chest rattled, probably due to many years of chain smoking. The yellow-brown stains on his fingers gave that away. Apparently wearing her favorite perfume and being soaked in the rain was a good combination for her. Bobby looked deeply into her bright blue eyes and let out an odd pleasure filled moan. He tightened his hold on her, his long dirty fingernails digging into her supple skin.
"Get me big bucks tonight babe, you know you can do it if you stop fuckin' about up there. Just do your job and tonight there will be something special for you! Got it!?"
His heavy breath washed all over her and made her pull away in disgust. Bobby planted a warm slobbery kiss on her lips and pushed her towards the changing room door slapping her ass as she went.
Aria slammed the heavy Victorian door behind her and shuddered. “Every time!!” she thought to herself “Why can’t he just back off!?”

As she changed her damp clothes into her work attire, she exchanged some idle chit chat with some of the other girls. Surely they felt the same way as her. No one could be happy working here unless you were Bobby. Work all night every night only to get 90% of your earnings stolen from you and on top of that you have to allow horny elderly men to tell you what they want to do with you, all the while wanting to puke. “I guess you have to have low self-esteem to work in this place, but maybe, just maybe the other girls actually like their jobs,” she thought. As Aria was ready to walk out and do her job on the main floor, it suddenly dawned on her that she was never going to be able to move on from this. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and composed herself. Thoughts of walking in here every night well into her fifties like some of the other girls here gave her the creeps. “I’m better than this,” she screamed, in her mind.

In that moment she made a decision. This time her head was in control. She smirked and as she confidently strutted out of the changing room. “This IS my last night working as a stripper for that sleaze bag.... it’s time to get my life back. As of tomorrow... I am a new woman!” She promised herself.

She walked straight passed Bobby and took her position on the stage. Seats filling up fast. The same old faces staring up at her with passion in their eyes and toothless grins. She scanned the room, noticing everything she hasn’t noticed before. The ornate statues in the corners of the hall, all though they were broken and dusty Aria could tell they were once beautiful. She noticed the patterns on the large rugs that covered the amber colored tiles. She looked towards the bar and saw the same old bartender drinking himself to death on free booze slouched over staring at her. And then she saw.... Who was that? She would have remembered a man like that before. Black slicked back hair, smartly dressed and even through his suit she could tell he was muscular.

He noticed Aria staring at him as she danced and smirked. He stood up, drink in hand and slowly but confidently made his way to the front not once breaking eye contact with her. Aria could feel herself getting hotter, she was blushing. She was aroused by this mysterious stranger. He couldn’t have been more than twenty-four or twenty-five. He was sitting directly in front of her, his face still sporting that sexy mysterious come hither smirk. The mysterious stranger loosened his tie and got comfortable, situated at the table directly in front of the stage, his legs casually crossed in a manly fashion, his perfectly chiseled body seemed to fit nicely with the contours of the old style high backed leather chair. Aria did not mind at all that this man was staring at her lustfully, for the first time in six years working in this god forsaken place, something inside her was starting to like this side to her job. She was actually wanting and thinking of dragging the poor guy into the back and having her way with him and she was pretty sure he would let her too.

A set that would only normally take forty-five minutes to an hour seemed to take a lifetime. That beautiful man, still sitting in the same place, still gazing at her, his eyes piercing directly into her soul. Aria had never felt the way she felt while she was dancing before. It was if he was making it clear she was dancing for him and only him. All the other men and their belittling comments just seemed to fade away into the night. All Aria saw was him. Even Bobby noticed something different about that particular performance.
"Well, I have to say Aria that was the best performance you have put on in the whole time you've been here!"
Bobby screamed with excitement as he pulled her off stage and snatched the wad of cash from her hands. She would have been angry but she was so used to it by now.
"Go get yourself dressed and grab ya self a drink from the bar, I’ll be with you shortly" he snarled pushing her once again towards the changing room.
Aria let out a sigh as she pushed open the door and went inside. The other girls were scrambling around getting ready for their own performances.

It didn’t take long for her to re dress herself in something a little more modest. Acid wash Jeans and a low cut purple top. She pulled her hair back into a loose ponytail and proceeded to leave the changing room. Some of the other girls ran past her and onto the stage. Aria made her way over to the bar where there was a drink waiting for her.
"That's for you!" the bartender barked
"Yeah, I gathered that Pete!" Aria snapped back. She had a sip, thinking about how she would transform herself from being, well, this.
"You were perfect!" A deep sexy voice whispered in her ear, it sent shivers down her spine and snapped her out of her thought process. Her heart beat raced as she turned her head to see that same magnificent man taking a seat next to her. "I didn't expect to be enchanted when I walked in here tonight you know. You ruined my whole night" He smirked as he summand Pete for a refill.
"I'm sorry I ruined your night" Aria whispered sheepishly.
"This is much better than what I had planned anyway... you seem much more like the company I would rather keep!" he took a sip from his glass. Whiskey. He smelt incredible, just the way Aria had imagined. And he sounded even better.
"Aria... right?" he asked, Aria could barely keep it together. Everything he did just made her want him even more.
"Uh, yeah,” she was shocked, “how'd you kn..."
"I overheard that brute before" He interrupted
"Oh, I see,” she looked down to her knees, feeling a little embarrassed that that’s how her name was discovered.
"He should treat you better, being your husband and all..." Aria spat out her drink
"My husband! Ha! No! Never!" She shouted, wiping her mouth to check of any spittle. Luckily, there was none.
"Oh, my mistake" He smirked again "I guess luck is on my side tonight then" He took another sip from his glass and stood up, casually looking around as he did so.
"You're leaving?" Aria blurted out sounding more desperate than anticipated.
"There is something I have to do" he whispered putting his strong hand on her shoulder "I'll be back, wait here" He demanded as he strode off. Aria couldn’t contain herself. Who was he? Why did she feel the need to do as he told her? Nevertheless, she waited.


It wasn't long before he came sprinting back towards the bar with a black duffle bag in hand.
"C'mon! We're leaving!" he barked at Aria as he breezed past her grabbing her hand and pulling her along with him.
"Wha, what? Where are we going?" She yelled as she struggled to keep up with him. He got her outside and round the corner before her stopped moving at lightning speed. He frantically looked around the street and saw a dark ally. He grabbed Arias hand again and pulled her across the street. When they reached the ally he led her to the farthest end and leaned against the wall.

Aria was growing concerned "What the hell is happening?" She thought to herself. The ally smelt like garbage and urine, made worse by the pouring rain. It must have been the back entrance to some kind of oriental restaurant too, because a sickening smell washed over her. It was a terrible combination. Aria paced back and forth, her heels clunking on the concrete echoing through the streets.
"Would you stop doing that!? You're going to lead them right too us!" The mysterious stranger growled
"Lead who? What’s going on? Who are you!?" She demanded.
"Just stop! I will explain everything later!" Arias heart started beating in her ears, she had a bad feeling about all this.
"No!" She yelled "Explain now! Explain now or I am going back there and..." He lunged forward and clamped his hand over her mouth and pushed her up against the grubby wall. All though she was somewhat scared now, Aria was still turned on by his forcefulness. His confidence. He pushed his body close to hers. She could feel his muscles tensing up against her. He watched the entrance to the Ally with purpose, his breathing getting heavier. His face was darker now, more determined, as if he was gearing up for a fight.
"BLAKE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YA YOU DIRTY LITTLE THIEF!? WHEN I FIND YOU AND THAT LITTLE WHORE, YOU’RE BOTH DEAD!"
Aria's eyes widened with horror. That was Bobby's voice! It echoed from the distance. Several pairs of feet pounded on the ground, people were running. They were trying to track them down.
After a long while the distant sounds of angry men dissipated and Blake let out a sigh of relief. His gaze snapped back to Aria. His hand still clasped over her mouth. He stared into her eyes and as he did his whole posture relaxed.
"If I take my hand away, you promise not to yell at me?" He whispered. Aria Nodded.
"So, I guess your name is Blake then?" she joked. Blake smiled "So what was all that about!? Why do I look like a drowned rat hiding in a dirty ally with a complete stranger?!" He let out a sigh.
"You know when I said you ruined my night ‘cause I had something else to do and you distracted me?" Aria nodded again "Well, I did it anyway. I'm sorry for dragging you into it"
"How do you know Bobby?” she said a little breathless, from danger or excitement, she wasn’t quite sure, “Why does he want us dead?"
"Well in that duffle bag, is a shit ton of cash...” he paused, “that I stole from Bobby."
"What? Why?" Aria asked shocked, her voice going a bit higher pitched than she had hoped.
"Trust me when I say you will understand... one day!" Blake caressed Arias wet cheek "C'mon you can come back to my place and dry off, you won’t be safe at home!"
© Copyright 2015 JaImEe (jaide91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2055924-Beginning-of-a-chapter