*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2056707-Writing-While-Cruising
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2056707
Meeting the Storymaster and the Storymistress.

The word count, including this line, is 498.

"Writing While Cruising"


     "Do you know where the Storymaster and the Storymistress are?"

     "I'm the Storymistress. Can I help you?"

     "Is the Storymaster here?

     "I am here too. Would you rather talk to me than the Storymistress?"

     "It doesn't matter who I talk to. I was just curious if you were both here. I've heard you were brother and sister. But I have also heard you are involved - maybe even married. I also heard you were just good friends who started this Writing Workshop together."

     "How can we help you? That's what this cruise is all about."

     "It's a cruise that combines writing and cruising. We are here to learn how to write better. And how to critique writing better. Have you gone to any of the Discussion Groups yet? There's one starting up soon to discuss how to improve grammar skills."

     "I haven't gone to any yet. But I plan to hit all of them before the cruise is over."

     "That's why this is a month long cruise. So that everyone can go to any of the Discussion Groups that they want to go to."

     "How long have you been involved with of the Writing Workshop?"

     "I've only been involved for a couple of years. In fact I got involved this month too."

     "We knew there was a lot that got involved with the Writing Workshop this month too. But you are the first one to say so."

     "I heard this was the best Connection For Writers in the Universe. That's one of the reasons I got involved. And why I came on this cruise."

     "You aren't the only one who feels that way. We do too. It's one of the reasons why we started the Writing Workshop."

     "What kind of a writer are you?"

     "I write Science Fiction. But it's not just Science Fiction. All of my stories have other Types of writing within them."

     "Most of the writer in the Writing Workshop write Science Fiction. But there a lot of others who only write in the other Types of writing."

     "It depends on the planet the writer is from too. Science Fiction is one Type of writing on most planets. But there are a few that have never heard of Science Fiction. At least they don't know about it yet."

     "We are working on it. The Storymaster and I are always trying to improve the Writing Workshop."

     "What can we do to make the Writing Workshop better?"

     "I can't think of anything that will make it better. Sure I have had a few problems getting my writing available to other writers. But what little problems I have had the Individual Groups have helped me figure it out."

     "If you didn't have anything to help us make the Writing Workshop better then why did you want to see us?"

     "Because I wanted to meet you. And thank you for giving the Writing Workshop to us."

The End?




© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2056707-Writing-While-Cruising