*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2057143-The-first-day-of-school
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2057143
kindergarten
It's Monday morning and Bethany's first day of school.

Bethany's mom goes into Bethany's room to wake her up.


"Good morning," she says to Bethany, "It is time for you to go to school."

Bethany wakes up and jumps out of bed, "Momma." she says.

"Yes, honey what is it?"

I'm a little scared. "What if the kids don't like me? What if I don't know where I am going? "Who, will help me with my stuff?"

Her mother replies ." Oh honey, the kids will like you, you will make lots of new friends, the teachers will make sure you know where you are going, and if you need help with anything " I know your teacher will help you. Come on honey, you have to eat breakfast and get ready for the bus ride to school. I have your lunch and everything you need in your backpack."

The bus arrives on time, Bethany's mom walks her to the bus, Bethany is a little nervous as she gets on the bus.

The driver is a pretty lady and she's smiling when Bethany gets on.

" Hi there, Bethany." the pretty lady says. "My name is Miss Pam and i will be your bus driver".

Bethany answers her and says hi in a shy voice.

"Please take this seat up front", Miss Pam says,

When they arrive at school, Bethany goes into the building and the teachers take her to her room.

Bethany is told to put her stuff in her locker. she puts her backpack in the locker and goes to sit down.

Bethany is looking all around at the other kids, some say hi and others don't.

A small girl comes in and sits by Bethany, she asks her what her name is She says, "Rose" She is also a quiet girl.

The teacher gets all the kids settled and goes up front to introduce herself, "My name is Miss Fisher," she says.

Miss Fisher walks around the room, she has all the kids, one by one stand up and say their names.

As the day goes on, the kids start to settle down.

Bethany and Rose start to talk more, they find that they have a lot of things in common, they like to play Barbie's, jumping rope, and they like the same color blue. At lunch time they go to the cafeteria, The lunch ladies help them pick out their food.

They sit at the same table with a couple other girls and as they start talking to them, they also like the same games.

They go out for recess and play on the playground.

When it is time to go home, Bethany gives her new friend and teacher a hug, "saying to them" I was a little scared to come to school, but I had a fun day.
I cant wait to come back tomorrow.

Bethany gets back on the bus to come home, she tells her bus driver Miss Pam all about her day and tells her she will be back tomorrow.

When Bethany gets home mother ask's her how her first day of school went.


Bethany smiles and tells her about everything they did, about her teacher, her bus driver, and her very first friend. "I was scared, but not anymore."
© Copyright 2015 Rebecca (snowkids45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2057143-The-first-day-of-school