*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2057473-Supernatural-Tree
by M.J
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #2057473
The story told that there was tree with its supernatural in a village.

Supernatural Tree In My Village


One night, two of my friends and I were walking on a dark rocky road. Actually, it was not late, just about six p.m. We were going to the mosque, to recite the Koran. The mosque was about one kilometers from my house. We heard that screaming again. Instantly, the napes of our neck were stiff, we were terrified. We went stright the road, didn't look around ...

After hearing teacher's explanation in the mosque, we went home. Passed that road again. Actually, it was one of the road that could be passed by other people, not only us. We prayed along the road. As the teacher said that devil was afraid with Kursi (ayat). Obviously, he was right. We made it home safely hearing no screams.

"We didn't need to go together again, we have the prayer now," I said to my friends confidently while coming to my house.

"But, my mother said that we must always go together," Kora reminded me.

"Yes, Kora is right. We must always stay together. Even though we have the prayer now, if we go together it will be safer," Cina confirmed what Kora said.

I didn't want them to follow me when I would go to the party after I'd been to the mosque. They would disturb me and make me feel uncomfortable. Anyway, I thought, there was not a supernatural tree. That was only superstition of all people in this village. I still disagreed with them, I had to leave alone.

"No, I think it will be okay. Kora, Cina, don't be afraid! The supernatural is only an issue."

"What about those screams? You have heard them by yourself, haven't you?" Cina said.

"May be, those screams come from our neighbours' house. We have many neighbours, right?" I tried to convince them.

"But ... ," Cina wanted to say something, but I interrupted her.

"Enough! Just go or you will be late!" I shouted. I slammed the door in their faces.

They might go to the mosque. I prepared to go to the mosque with a pretty dress for going to the party. In the mosque I saw Kora and Cina they didn't greet me, so did I. I didn't care.

I went home alone late of the night. My mother had permitted me to come home late. However, I always read the prayer along the road. But, I didn't notice that the road was longer than before. The time was running very slowly. Suddenly, a cold wind blew. It moved my hair a bit. I didn't think about anything except went home safely. I kept praying.

In the midle of the road, I saw a big tree. It was white. Its roots rose above the ground towering as tall as a standart house. There was a beautiful woman sitting and crying in front of the tree. Encouragely, I walked toward her. But, she didn't realise that I was approaching. A baby was on her lap. He was sleeping, I thought. I greeted her anxiously. She turned her face to me with tears that dampened her soft cheeks. I smiled at her. She watched me carefully. Then she held my hand. Her hand was cold. Then she stood. And her baby in her left arm was sleeping.

She brought me into the tree. I was surprised. Instantly, a big hole was right in the center of the roots appeared. She asked me to follow her. I nodded my head. My tongue was numb, couldn't speak anything. We entered passed the hole. Then, the darkness wrapped up my eyes.







By: M.J

051715

Top of Form



© Copyright 2015 M.J (masruah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2057473-Supernatural-Tree