*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2059083-Mythology-Girl-Chapter-FiveIncomplete
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jeary
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #2059083
Anya has strange dreams that seem too real. Could they possibly be more than just dreams?
" The Dreamer's Moon"





It had only been two days since Anya and her friends had came back from her trip out at sea. Despite coming back from the trip, even today she still felt exhausted from the hard fought battle. Anya went and once again heard her Alarm ringing signaling that it was time for school. Normally she would quickly push it down and get up, however this morning her body felt like it was chained to her bed. Her nose was running and she herself was completely covered in sweat. Anya forced herself up with each and every step feeling like there were these big chains on her feet dragging her down. She took off her night clothes and took out her school uniform. She then went and headed for the shower as usual, her father surprisingly wasn't there competing for the shower today.

Anya knew that today was her father's day off. While she took her shower despite not feeling well. Her father was talking with someone on the phone. Curtis knew from the previous times, that someone had to be giving the thief who's been stealing the objects inside information. Unfortunately he had no idea who it was, He knew it wasn't his job to find out either. While he was off work he called the number of a private detective he had known for quite awhile. They weren't dating but they knew each other quite well.

" Hello is Detective Lee available?" Curtis asked on the phone.

" She will be with you shortly, please stand by and thank you for your patience." The Operator replied back. As Curtis waited at the phone for the Detective to pick up the phone. He reminisced about the last time he had saw Detective Lee, it was around when Anya's mother had first passed away. She apparently knew of Anya's mother since her childhood and had told him many stories of those years. Calling her was hard for Curtis especially since it brings back memories of painful times. He knew that Detective Lee was one of the best in the business and if anyone could discover who was behind the previous thefts it would be her.

" Detective Lee Speaking how may I serve you?" Detective Lee asked over the phone. Curtis was a bit shocked to hear her voice, it hadn't changed in all those years. He then began to explain the situation to her.

" It's been a long time Detective Lee. My name's Curtis Sapphire and I have a job for you. " Curtis said. Detective Lee's voice was filled with excitement as she heard his voice. " Curtis, It has been awhile! I understand you have a case for me. Last time we talked you said you wouldn't ever think of hiring me. What has changed your mind now?" Detective Lee asks. Curtis quickly explains the situation to her over the phone. " Twice now the museum has been robbed of precious artifacts, the police had yet to find any substantial clues. The last time they stole something they were desperate to get this one object while on a cruise ship. That they not only sunk the ship but endangered the lives of the passengers aboard including my daughter. I want to see if you can find the culprit of these crimes."

" Alright I'll see what I can do, gather everyone you can who works with the museum tomorrow and I'll interrogate them as much as possible, Of course you understand that I'm going to be asking you these questions as well." Detective Lee said.

" I Understand. I'll see you at the museum tomorrow and have a nice day, goodbye." Curtis said and then hung up the phone. Once his phone call was finished he went towards the shower only to find his daughter recently out of the shower, struggling at every step she took. He was worried for his daughter, so he quickly checked up on her.

"Anya are you okay?" He asks her while feeling her forehead. Her forehead had felt quite high to him and Anya's sluggish movement indicated to him that she did indeed have a fever. She went to respond to her father's question with a smile despite her obviously being sick.

" I'm fine dad, I can handle it." Anya said. Her father gave her a stern and serious look.

" You are burning up, I'm calling your school telling them your out sick and calling the doctor. You just get yourself back to bed and rest up." Her Father told her. She didn't have the energy to argue about it, instead she just nodded and headed back to here room. She even managed to get a quick change of sheets. Anya rested the rest of the day at least until it was time for her to see the doctor. During her rest and sleep before that she began to have a dream. Normally this would be something she would just shrug off, but the dream kept appearing to her ever since she got back. Each time she had the dream it felt as though something or someone was coming closer and closer to her.

The dream began in a forest under the light of a full moon. Anya felt in the dream that she could feel the wind rustling the trees. The creatures who were only active at night making sounds, as well as the fire of gun shots. She couldn't see exactly what she was dreaming about too clearly. This time in the dream she heard a voice as well. It sounded like a father's voice,but it wasn't her father. " Run, Don't let them Catch you!" The voice said. In the dreams she only nodded at that response and began to run. It was shortly after that she had just woke up from her dream to see her real father standing right over her.

" It's time to go to the Doctor's." Curtis said. Anya nodded and slowly got out of the bed. She then got dressed once more, this time with a light blue collared shirt and jeans. She put on her feet white sock and a pair of sneakers. She was now ready for her doctor's visit.

The trip to the doctor's office was long only because of the waiting in the waiting area. Once the nurse called her name it didn't take long. First they examined her ears and eyes, then her mouth. He then went to check her blood pressure and temperature. Finally they monitored her heart beat. It wasn't long before they had reached there conclusion.

" Mr. Sapphire do not worry too much, She has strep throat, I'll prescribe some medicine and she should feel as good as new withing a few days." The Doctor said.

" Thank you." Her father said. It was shortly after the medicine was prescribed He went and paid for the visit to the doctor's office. He then drove her home and went on his own to pick up her medication.

Anya now home and knowing the cause of her sickness began to rest in her bed and sleep once more. It wasn't too long after her sleep that she once again had the same dream. The moon was full again and she was in the woods still, only this time she saw a reflection of herself in the water as she was resting from the hunters chasing her. Anya realized this face wasn't hers it was someone else's face! She couldn't make who they were though. She knew one thing for sure the hunters in her dream were still after this person. Anya herself however had now began to question whether the dreams were real or not. To Anya the dreams didn't feel like dreams, yet she felt as she knew each and every person she had came across. It confused her quite a bit.

The next day Curtis had to go to work so unfortunately he had to leave Anya alone. He knew very well his daughter didn't exactly like to be left alone. " I'm off to work, I'll be home as soon as I can." He said and left the door. Today was an important day for him at work as he would be meeting Detective Lee as they begin to speak of each of the museum employees. They were quite a few jobs to go with as well, The Museum had a Director, a Curator for each exhibit and a whole lot of other jobs that some people might not even be award of.

As soon as he reached the entrance of the museum Curtis was greeted by the detective he had recently hired to help with the investigation considering the thefts that have been going on recently. She waved to him eagerly awaiting his response. " Hello there Curtis it's good to see you again. Hope you are ready for this." Detective Lee said. Curtis quickly responded. " I am ready, hope you realize there are a lot more jobs in the museum than you may think, I'll introduce you to some of the people who work here."

They soon entered the museum together and Curtis began to explain each position that was within the museum. " First up you have the Museum's Director which is Annabelle Reign. The wife to Mr. Reign, since we work with her she prefers it if we just call her Mrs. Reign, Then you have the Curator for each and every exhibit. My exhibits so far are the only ones that have items that have been stolen. I have a Registrar who assist me, that's my assistant Connor Mathis. He helps out in various others areas as well. "

" Quite a bit of information you have there, aside from the Director and the Registrar is there any one else you know of that may work with you?" Detective Lee asks.

Curtis simply nods and begins to show her other people that he works with. " There's the Museum Educator Kimberly Stills, She plans all the tours and the programs as well as works with all the Curators to help develop exhibits." Curtis continued to speak as he went forwards and introduced yet another employee. " This is Edward Bridge he is the Docent he welcomes each and every visitor to the museum. As well as answers questions about objects in the Museum.

" Howdy Miss hope you enjoy your visit." Edward said to Detective Lee. Detective Lee simply nodded and moved on with Curtis towards the next person. " This is Sarah Morsel she is our Graphic Designer she helps designs our brochures and posters. As well as work with the Public Relations Officer." Curtis said. Sarah said nothing as she was introduced, she simply just kept doing her job. Curtis continued to show more of the people that he works with. " Allen Crates is our Exhibit Designer and often helps design the exhibits and works with the Preparator Stanley Stump in putting up the exhibits. Has any of this been helpful to you Detective Lee?" Curtis asked.

" It's been more helpful then you may realize." Detective Lee replies. Curtis then continues his introduction of people by taking Detective Lee to the Public Relations Office. " This is the Office of Rebecca Conway our Public Relations Officer she informs the media and writes to the press about new exhibits, tours and all sorts of stuff." He then heads towards the Museums Gift shop. " Alison Sinclair is the Shop Manager and handles all the money that comes in from people buying souvenirs." Curtis then continued as he walked with Detective Lee to another member of the museum. " This is Sheryl White, She is the business Officer for the museum. "

" Hello there Miss is there anything I can do for you?" Sheryl asks. Detective Lee is quick to reply. " You could start by telling me exactly what you do here." Sheryl then responds back to the Detective. " I'm in charge of all the museum's financial affairs it's quite a big job, but I'm happy about it. Is that all?" Detective Lee nods at Sheryl's response and then swiftly speaks to Curtis. " I believe this would be enough for now, I can't be here all day after all, I do have other cases. I will interrogate each and everyone you introduced me to today, and tomorrow come back for anyone else."

" That is fine with me, I'm sure you have enough to begin your interrogations." Curtis said. Now with numerous people to be suspects Detective Lee can finally work on figuring out who the culprit is and if he or she is within the museum's staff. However it would take quite awhile before she can get any substantial information out of them.

While the Detective was busy interrogating the associates of the museum Anya once again had that dream she had kept having. Similar to the previous times the moon was full the stars were shining and she almost fell as though she actually smell the woods there. The person in her dream the one she kept seeing had just woken up. This person cautiously sniffed around as if to smell anyone near by. It was a strange sensation for Anya even though she knew she was asleep in dreaming she could smell what this person was smelling. The smells in the air revealed a hint of gunpowder, he then quickly grabbed a medallion and put it around his neck and began to run once more. Anya sensed the persons fear, yet the medallion had somehow seemed familiar to her. She couldn't put her finger on it but each time she had one of these dreams she dreamed about the same person with this medallion. She didn't know why it felt familiar to her, but she would be sure to ask the voice in her medallion when it comes.

Anya heard the gunshots fire as the person continued to run through the forest as fast as they could. An image in the water and she began to see a bit more clearly, this person was merely a child. A Child was running away from people shooting at him. The More she dreamed about this child the more she learned about him. Yet she still couldn't figure out why the people who were shooting at the child were after him.

"Why are they after you where are you running towards?" Anya asked while she was still sleeping. What she hadn't expected was to get a reply to her question.

" I can't be caught! I have to find someone to help me! I can't let them get the medallion I'm carrying it's too dangerous." The person in Anya's dream then shook his head. " Why am I answering a voice in my head? I must be going crazy never mind that I need to focus on what I do and get to that city." Anya continued to watch the dream through the boys eyes determined to escape the hunters chasing him, as he mentioned a city he was going closer and closer to this city and each time it felt as if Anya needed to be where ever he is when he reaches the city. It wasn't too long before you woke up yet again, this time feeling a lot better than you had in the previous days.

" Hey Medallion voice or whatever you are? I have been having dreams lately." Anya told her medallion. Her medallion however didn't speak this time nor answer her question. So far each time she had a question it would answer it. However this time there was no response. Anya decided to get up and get dressed despite still being a little bit sick. Thankfully this time she was able to stand properly without feeling like she was about to collapse. Once Anya was dressed she still had images in her head of the boy who was coming towards the city. It was almost as if the young boy was calling to her and she needed to be there.

The closer the boy got to the city the more Anya's visions of him became clearer. She began to suspect these weren't dreams at all, but instead visions of someone needing her help. Anya quickly used her medallion to transform into her fairy form. Her speed and flight with the wings were greater than her running around town and she hoped to find the boy in town. She closed her eyes and began to see another vision of a place that was quite familiar to her, she now knew where the boy was! He was at her school fortunately you could no longer hear the hunters. She didn't know why but hoped that the hunters had lost the child they were chasing and began heading towards the direction of her school.

It was a weekday and people were there at the school however most were in class at the time she arrived and for the first time she met the boy from her dreams. She saw that he had brown hair and grey eyes that almost looked as if she were looking straight at the moon. His ears were pointy and he had large fangs suggesting that his diet was mostly meat. It was then Anya realized that this boy wasn't just a boy but a werewolf. Anya came out of her fairy form and approached the boy. " I've been having dreams about you, I think I can keep you safe from the hunter's that were chasing you." Anya offered to the boy.

The boy however was unsure and uncertain as he was being chased he didn't trust anyone and began to growl at Anya. " I don't know you that well, but I can take care of myself!" The boy said. Growling at Anya hinting for her to stay away.

" You don't know this city as well as I do and right now it would be the best for you to blend in with humans would it not?" Anya countered the boys response. Anya reached her hand out offer him a hand but the boy still wasn't too sure of Anya's offer. The boy then snarled and bit Anya's arm. " Ouch!" The bite was hard enough to leave a mark She was shocked at this but she still stood firm in her decision to help the boy. " I promise I'll help you find a place where you can be safe and happy, until then why don't you live at my house?" Anya said giving the boy a smile. The young boy then slowly let go of the arm he had bitten and then agreed although he didn't act too happy about it.

" Fine, You win this time! My name's Ivan What's yours?" Ivan asked.

" It's Anya Sapphire it's nice to meet you." Anya said and giving him a smile back, as Anya looked at Ivan however she couldn't help but notice that the medallion he was wearing in your dream was no longer around his neck. She rubbed her arm where the boy had bit her, but strangely enough the bite mark seemed smaller than she remembered. Despite knowing this Anya wanted to make sure the boy was safe first and decided to ask about it later. Ivan then hid his ears and got on the bus with Anya heading towards her home. Her luck however was not in favor as once she got home she had found her father waiting by the door.

" Where did you go?" He asked Anya.

" I went to the school and found this boy, I know this is kind of sudden but can he stay with us for a bit dad?" Anya asked putting on her most pleading face she could possibly find. This question completely shocked her father however and then his response became more unreasonable.

" A boy staying in a girls house? No! Absolutely not!" Curtis said strongly hinting that he had no intention of letting him stay.

" But Dad! He has no other places to go and it's not like he's going to be in my room all the time!" Anya attempted to explain to her father.

" The answer is still no! If he has no where to stay he should go to the police!" Curtis yelled out. " You weren't even suppose to go out in the first place!"

" I know dad but he needs a place to stay and I can't just leave him alone! Daddy please let Ivan stay I don't want him to be on the streets it's dangerous on the streets at night." Anya begged and pleaded her father. Her pleads did seem to work however as he finally gave in.

" Okay he can stay, but only until we find a home for him understood?" Curtis said. Anya nodded and then gave her dad a big hug for allowing Ivan to stay in the house. " Thank you dad! I love you." Anya looked for the bite mark that was left by Ivan while she was hugging her dad, she could of sworn his bite left it's mark. She did not have any mark upon her and that eased her worries at least until her father spoke.

" Of course your still going to be punished for sneaking out of the house without permission especially when your sick." Curtis said ruining the moment you were having with him. Now at your house it was no longer just Anya and her dad. It was Anya, Ivan and Curtis. The first night with all three of them there. With the matter of Ivan settled at least for a little bit the three went in the house to get some much needed rest.

The Very next day Anya was feeling better than she had ever felt in quite some time. After being sick and stuck on her bed she was more then eager to get moving. It would of normally been her usual morning of battling for the first shower in the morning as she got up it wasn't until she looked in the mirror that she realized she was much different than usual. Anya had saw that like the boy she had wolf like ears, her teeth were much sharper than usual and her hair had turned brown. Even her eyes looked like the boy she had rescued. Anya was about to scream but didn't want to disturb her father so she went towards Ivan.

" Ivan, Why do I look a lot more like you now?" Anya asked.

" That's because I bit you remember, you have tales of Werewolves in your world don't you? You should know that being bitten by one will turn you into one."

" I know of the legends I just thought they weren't true." Anya said after hearing Ivan's explanation. She then had a though that perhaps if she used her medallion to transform she could remove the werewolf from her. She went and began to try to use the medallion but just as she said the words nothing happened. " It's not working? But this usually works? Come on Medallion why don't you answer me!" Anya yelled out of frustration.

" What seems to be the problem?" The Monotone voice came to ask from the medallion. Anya was quick to answer as she was worried she would have to stay like this forever and was afraid her father wouldn't be able to recognize her. " After I got bitten I grew wolf ears and fangs, but I can't transform with the medallion why is that?" She asked.

" You wont be able to transform back until you have mastered your current form. It will take awhile but I have confidence you have the ability to do so." The voice said in a comforting manner rather than it's usual monotone voice. Anya then looked towards Ivan and decided to ask him for help once more.

" Ivan, you can help me can't you? I need to learn how to control this form, will you help me?" Anya asked.

" Of course I'll help you. You helped me after all keep away the medallion I was trying to keep away from those hunters.." Ivan said. Ivan looked and finally noticed that the medallion he had on him was no longer on him. He was keeping it safe from the hunters and now he had lost track of it. Even worse the hunters would still be out there searching for him! " The medallion it's gone! This is terrible absolutely terrible. We need to find it quick before someone else gets it." Ivan said looking and panicking around the room searching as fast as he could.

"What's so important about the medallion?" Anya asked.

" That medallion has a certain demonic power, that in the wrong could end up being disastrous. We mustn't let them get it." Ivan said. Knowing you were grounded and the importance of the medallion you and Ivan set forth to find it. You left a note for your father who at the time was still asleep. It told him where you were going and why without leaving too much information about. Anya knew she would get into even more trouble for going out while she was still grounded but this was urgent and you had to get it before it fell into the wrong hands.

" Here." Ivan said handing you another item that belonged to him. Anya had little clue as to why he was giving it to her. " I don't need you to give me a gift, we can deal with that after we find the Medallion.

" It's not a gift, it has my scent, just like the medallion with that we could use our noses to find where the medallion is and if anyone picked it up." Ivan explained. Anya wasn't yet used to her werewolf form yet but just as Ivan said scents and smells were far more powerful than when she was just a human. It wasn't her ability to smell that improved in this form either. While the two of them tracked the scent of the Medallion Anya became more aware of the changes in her new form. She found her self to be much stronger and faster as well as being able to hear from quite a distance. She wasn't hating her change anymore since she knew she could be changed back once she mastered it. Anya instead began to enjoy it a little bit especially right after she was cooped up in bed for two or three days, it gave her quite a thrill.

The Scent eventually led them right back to where she had first met Ivan her school. Today was a weekend so no one was at the school or so you thought at first until your werewolf nose caught the whiff of gunpowder and a man wearing way too much cologne. " Ivan do you recognize those scents?" Anya asked.

Ivan then nodded and began to shake nervously he knew those scents alright. In fact they were the very ones that were hunting him. " They're the hunters but it doesn't smell like they found the medallion. If they find us here we're going to be dead for sure let's leave." Ivan said. Anya looked at Ivan and saw how nervous and afraid he was. She even thought it was cute, but still remembered that gravity of the situation. Anya on the other hand didn't want this to end up like her last venture and decided that they should deal with the hunters now rather than later. At least then she would be able to search for the medallion without having to worry about being hunted.

" Ivan, I am going to hunt these hunters that have been hunting you, so you wont have to worry about them." Anya told Ivan. Ivan was shocked by Anya's statement.

" You can't do that! They'll kill you. These men are experts if it weren't for them then.." Ivan told Anya until she had interrupted him. " I know, but this school is my territory and I am sure once were done here we wont have to deal with them again." Ivan looked unsure while Anya was very confident that she could get these hunters. She smelled at least three of them at the school all had a feint scent of gunpowder on them it had been awhile since they shot at anyone.

Anya began her plan by creating a wolf shadow in a corner while carefully hiding. Ivan watched her with uncertainty of whether dealing with the hunters now would be good or not. Two hunters saw the shadow and ran towards while the other two went off towards the schools auditorium. The two that followed were very cautious at first Anya wasn't sure her plan was working despite this she persevered and continued on with her plan. One of the two hunters that followed eventually split up allowing Anya to tackle them one at a time. She remembered that despite the form she was still able to use her magic. She concentrated on her fairy bullet spell and stopped him from moving. Once he was no longer moving Anya swiftly punched him knocking him out and getting the gun out of his hands. She still had three more hunters to deal with after all.

Anya carefully used her werewolf abilities to track the other hunter while staying in the shadows. Once this hunter began to search the girls bathroom she made her move. She used her fairy bullet spell and punched this hunter until he was knocked out. She then emptied any bullets in the gun so the hunter would no longer be able to use it. With him down there were only the two in the auditorium left. Anya quickly ran in that direction.

The two in the auditorium seemed to never leave each other's side even if there was a shadow they would always check it out together. This habit made it a bit difficult for Anya to see how she could defeat these two and use her fairy bullet spell on them. She scoped out the situation and analyzed her options. She then had an idea on how to get the both of them, however she would need to lure each of them on stage first. Anya went towards the back of the stage while carefully avoiding the Hunters looking for her and then set to ropes on stage each one was connected to a sandbag and with her trap set all she would have to do is lure the hunters towards it. She then made some noise suggesting something on stage and the two hunters bought it. They began to head towards the stage, Anya patiently awaited for the hunters to be in the right area and once they were she let the sandbags go sending both the hunters in the air.

Once in the air Anya used her water spear spell to get rid of there guns out of hands and then set quickly to knock them out. " Whew that's all of them." Anya said.

" Okay you got them all, but now what are you going to do?" Ivan asked.

" Call the cops, hunters on a girls school during a weekend, they are sure to get into a lot of trouble and hopefully put in jail." Anya replied.

" Try concentrating on being human if you do that I think you should be able to transform back, here I'll show you." Ivan said, he then concentrated and as he began you notice his more wolf like feature began to disappear from her view. Anya watched carefully before trying it herself. She didn't hesitate nor did she believe she wasn't able to she just tried and continued to try until she finally became human once more. She noticed that the Mythos Medallion she wore on her now it's glowing for the third time. She knew that glow meant that she now had her third transformation. One that didn't give her any new spells but definitely helped her out in more ways than she could ever imagine.

" We didn't find the Medallion, but I think someone in this school might have it, fortunately now that I am human again I'll be available to find it when the schools open." Anya said. She knew she was still in trouble but on the other hand she was glad that now she had no longer have to deal with the hunters and she would be able to find the Medallion Ivan had lost eventually. Anya however was eager to get home despite the punishment her father would undoubtedly give her.


End Of Chapter



© Copyright 2015 Jeary (silvernights at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2059083-Mythology-Girl-Chapter-FiveIncomplete