*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2059462-Characters
Rated: E · Essay · Comedy · #2059462
This just a funny thought I had.
 Characters  (E)
This just a funny thought I had.
#2059462 by Chris Breva

Has anybody ever stopped to consider what the characters in our stories go through? First they are born? Sometimes they are faceless like my characters are. My characters are usually left to the readers imagination. So, the character could be anything to anybody. To one person he may look like Tom Cruise and to another he may look like an alien from outer space. How does the character look like many different people at the same time? They can do this because they are imaginary people to begin with. They think they are real but they are simply figments of some writer’s imagination! Therefore they can be manipulated by the reader as well. No story is truly a story unless it is read. The reader is often left to define the surroundings or the scene the character is in for their self. Thus the reader is in a sense helping with the writing of the story. So in that regard the reader is thus drawn into the story and becomes one of its authors as they too manipulate the scene and the surroundings. So the balance between the writer’s direct guidance as to what the character is like and the reader’s interpretation of the author’s writing results in a character. How characters sit around sad because they have no reader to complete them? Let’s stop these characters from being sad and complete their stories in our minds! You know as well as I do that the story has an ending but we ask ourselves what happens then? Most of us complete the story by filling in this blank with our mind..So lets complete a story today. Okay?
© Copyright 2015 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2059462-Characters