*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2060369-dialogue-between-you-and-a-ghost-contest
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2060369
got a little personal but here it is
         I seek your acknowledgement.
         What?
         I seek your acknowledgment.
         Who?
         I am Janette. I seek your acknowledgement.
         Are you... my subconscious? Is this a dream?
         No, I'm an individual of no connections to you.
         What do you need of me?
         I have come to seize you from this world.
         No..No, I'm not ready. It isn't my time.
         You're overdue. You no longer affect Earth's equilibrium.
          I know I was unhappy before. I know I sought death more than once... but it is different now. My torment's gone and I'm ready to move on in life.
         That is no longer an alternative.
         I can do it. I know I can.
         It's impossible.
         I will leave what I can in the past! I will give this world the fill it needs from me! Just give me the chance to live life the way I always should have!
         You cannot plead with me... You don't understand.
         No! You don't understand! The burden of misery I held was not for, but against me! I couldn't stand what I'd become! I couldn't change my course of actions, and paying the price left me dormant in all senses except the will for death.          
         Exactly.
         But I now understand life better than most! I have the will! Believe me when I say I want to live!
         Your life has ended, dear. You're dead. You found death with that pistol.
         ...
         You can no longer associate yourself with bodily woes and that is this new bliss you feel. But if you want to forget, truly and wholly, rapture awaits on the other side.
         ...you're a medium.
         Yes.
         I'm the ghost.
         Yes.
         I won't know Hell?
         No soul is truly hell bound.
         Then I am ready.

© Copyright 2015 Kat Helvetica (kthulhukat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2060369-dialogue-between-you-and-a-ghost-contest