*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2060804-The-SpaceWitch-Academy
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2060804
Being bad isn't always to way to being cool - but it's helps.

The SpaceWitch Academy


     Klara was a good Witch. But she wanted to be a bad Witch. She thought that was what she needed to do to be one of the cool kids at The SpaceWitch Academy.

     Every year only a few Witches from each planet in that part of the Galaxy were selected to go to The SpaceWitch Academy. But you could only apply if you were ten or older. Klara had been trying for the last three years to get into The SpaceWitch Academy. And now she had finally did it.

     The SpaceWitch Academy looked like a large Meteor traveling through Space. And it was – to the rest of the Galaxy. No one noticed that particular Meteor only traveled within that part of the Galaxy. That’s because The SpaceWitch Academy wanted it to be that way.

     Only about a mile within that Meteor was The SpaceWitch Academy. It was a large hollow academy. There was no building, no Public Areas, no Classroom and no Personal Sleeping Quarters. The building, Public Areas etc. were there. But they, and everyone within, were free floating. It’s like they were all floating on air. Which every Witch knew how to do by the age of ten.

     As soon as she got to The SpaceWitch Academy Klara knew she wanted to be a cool Witch. She was one of the cool Witches on her home planet of Jeskimin. And she was going to be one at The SpaceWitch Academy too.

*******

     Klara knew as soon as she got to The SpaceWitch Academy that becoming cool there wasn’t going to be easy. In fact, it might be impossible for her. She tried and tried to be a bad Witch but no matter what she said it didn’t work.

     Like all Witches Klara kept a Daily Diary of her success – and her failures. On Jeskimin Klara didn’t need any failures to be cool. Maybe that’s why she was having so much trouble being bad at The SpaceWitch Academy. So she decided to go over her Daily Diary from Jeskimin – and do just the opposite.

     One day Klara was supposed to turn a person into a Rat. And then change them back again. Her plan was no to be able to turn them back again. But she failed. She did turn them back into a person.

     Another time Klara was supposed to kill a person. And then bring them back to the living – under their control. She failed with that one too. She not only brought them back to life they were under her control. In some ways that was a success at being bad. But her control only lasted a few hours.

     Klara really liked the ‘Make someone fall in love with you spell’ when it came up. She was sure she could get one of the male Witches to fall in love with her. And it did work. But not because of the spell. It was because the boy already like her. She just couldn’t do anything bad could she?

     One day Klara was supposed to change the weather from a sunny day into a deadly storm. Which she did without any problem on Jeskimin. But it got too deadly. And she panicked. Klara ended up not only stopping the storm but saving the lives of all of those affected by that storm. That really got her into trouble with her Instructors.

     Another day Klara was supposed to blow up an important building. Once again it happened on her home planet of Jeskimin. Most of her Witchery was done against Jeskimin. Which she could do from The SpaceWitch Academy.

     Klara wanted to blow up an old abandoned building. After all, she didn’t want anyone to get hurt – or worse. She wanted to be cool – but not that cool. Maybe being bad wasn’t the answer to her being cool. Could she cool, like she was on Jeskimin, without being bad?

     Her Instructors didn’t like that choice to blow up so they pick one for her. They wanted her to blow up a Children’s Health Center – in her home village of Porrin. When Klara refused to do that to any Children’s Health Center, let along the one in Porrin she got into a lot of trouble with her Instructors.

*******

     Suddenly, Klara stopped re-reading her Daily Diary that she had been keeping since she got to The SpaceWitch Academy. Klara realized what was really going on at The SpaceWitch Academy.

     By the end of that first year at The SpaceWitch Academy Klara had tried at least two hundred spells trying to be bad. And with each one she failed. She really was a good Witch after all. But it didn’t matter. Just like on Jeskimin she didn’t need to be bad to be cool. At least not with her fellow Witches. But that wasn’t true with her Instructors though.

     Klara had figured out what was really going on at The SpaceWitch Academy. She was about to leave for a four month leave before the next year lessons began when she was summoned to The Office.

     “We wanted to talk to you before you left us Klara,” said one of the Instructors. There was three of them there. Klara felt she was on trial. And in a lot of ways she was.

     “You did very good this year Klara,” said another Instructor. “But you could have done a lot better.”

     “At first we were going to deny your return next year,” the center Instructor said. “But we all agree you have potential. And we want you to return next year.”

     “I don’t know if I want to return next year,” Klara said. “You think like most of the people on Jeskimin think – that all Witches are bad Witches. And that isn’t true. I thought I needed to be bad to be cool. But I was wrong. You aren’t helping us to be better Witches. No, you are teaching us to be bad, no correction evil, Witches.”


The End?



© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2060804-The-SpaceWitch-Academy