*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2060956-A-Weird-Womans-Memoir
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #2060956
Bio of Renae Edwards
Born in New York, Renae started her life on a quaint farm on Twelve Mile Creek. Her parents divorced after she turned five. Shortly after, the moving began. First, Her mother, brother and she moved to Bath, New York, with her mother’s new boyfriend. They moved about the area for a year or so, then to Texas, Kentucky, and back to Texas. Her mother finally settled in Florida for several years.

Her senior year, Renae moved back to New York to live with her Aunt Lois and Uncle George on their dairy farm. Her Aunt gently guided her with questions into joining the army when she graduated.

After surviving basic and AIT, Renae was assigned to Sinop, Turkey. There she met and married a fellow military person. Twenty-seven years later she still likes to tell people how all her husband’s friends said they wouldn’t make it, and yet they did.

The couple were blessed with a handsome young son within a year of marrying and four and a half years later a second son joined them. In the early years, Renae worked hard to put her husband through college, so that her boys could have a better life than she had. When her husband finally graduated, the family settled in the Jackson area of Minnesota for the next twelve years.

In 2012, Renae and her husband moved to the Twin Cities where she returned to college in 2013 to get her BA in Creative Writing. She is three years into her four year degree and has begun to consider graduate school.

Once an avid writer at Writing.com, she has returned to her roots.

© Copyright 2015 Auntynae (auntynae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2060956-A-Weird-Womans-Memoir