*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2061435-The-Pale-Princess
Rated: E · Prose · Adult · #2061435
A twisted little prose about a princess who must be served by those who dare.

-The Pale Princess-
by
Keaton Foster

“To see her is to become ruled by her.”

*Vignette5* *Vignette5* *Vignette5* *Vignette5* *Vignette5*


Alone he must walk. Alone he must go. Alone he must be to enter the darkness of her dreams brought into being. He, the fool is sure, without question, that he can save her. He was told her tale, assured of her passage, but regardless he has come to see if he can make a difference. He cannot. Trust me when I say that a fool and his life are easily separated in such a place of absolutes.

In fields of gray, a lifetime has gone astray, at a point and place in time where eventuality and reality have become as one, exist the pale princess. She has become enslaved to her kingdom of nothing. She could never escape all that she has created and all that she has done. She will remain, beyond time, beyond life, beyond all rites of passage and the implications of having ever lived.

Any life that stands before her will be replaced. Ripped from its cage and set free into the blackness of being. Made home, torn from meat and bone, reduced to a spectral atrocity that could never again hope to be. Made to serve her madness. Made to thrive within her blackness.

She, such a beautiful monster. She, a creature of unprecedented terror. No man that has ever stood before her has won her heart. All who have tried, have failed. She trust no one, she believes in all things less. She has no fate, and significantly less faith. She would obliterate God if she was given the chance. Easily she would scream, “Off with his head!!”

The source of such wickedness and the cause of such madness are unknown to all but her. She should have ruled, she should have been made king in her world of queens. She should have been given it all, but everything is what was torn from her being. Ripped from her soul. To this place she was sentenced by all that she loved. In this place she will always remain. Eternal.

Her eyes are as blue as the day she betrays. Her hair is as black as the night she shapes. Her soft bruised lips remain motionless. Her final embrace will take all life away. There will be no escape. Once she has her victim in her kingdom of nothing, there they will languish, in the beauty of her presence.

He, the fool. He, the latest victim of her wrath, understands less. Blinded by chivalry he presses on. Upon a stone road, leading into her kingdom there is a sign, a warning. In blood red it reads,

All who enter are subject to her rule.
All who come this way, have no chance of escape.
Continue on if you dare. If you feel you must.

The pale princess awaits.....



The Pale Princess
Written by Keaton Foster Copyright © 2015.

© Copyright 2015 Keaton Foster: Know My Hell! (keatonfoster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2061435-The-Pale-Princess