*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2062235-The-Existence-of-Humans
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Paranormal · #2062235
Do humans exist?
"Halloween party at the rec center tonight!" A ghost yelled, as the bell for Frightful Heights High School signaled the end of the day.

Everyone cheered and went home to prepare for the party. Guy ghouls changed their sheets to look fresh for the lady ghosts, and the ladies put on their most frightful frocks to impress the guys.

When the ghosts and ghouls arrived at the rec center, there were shadows on the floor. "Ghosts don't give shadows" said Molly Geist.

"And neither do ghouls." Freddy Ghoul added.

"No Halloween creature gives shadows," interrupted a Human Studies professor who overheard the teenagers' conversation.

Molly looked at Freddy knowingly, and pulled him away. "We'll be right back!" She told the teacher.

As they hurried away, Freddy asked Molly, "Is it what I think it is?"

Molly nodded. "If you're thinking humans, then yes!"

"How?" Freddy frowned.

"They must've summoned a portal or something." Molly flew down the school's halls at top speed.

"Do humans exist?" asked Freddy. "I mean, all we've learned in Human Studies so far is that they're a myth. And sometimes, they say there's been sightings, but there's been no real proof!"

"Well, there was the shadow, wasn't there?"

"Yes, but..."

"But what?"

"I mean really? Humans? It could be anything! Could've been a leaf or a spider stuck in the light, or something else like that!" Freddy stopped running with Molly. "Really! Come back when you have more proof!"

"Fine!" Molly grabbed a nearby Human Stories book. "Read this. This is your proof."

"But these are stories."

"Real ones."

"Says who?"

"The author who compiled them! Legend says he's a human himself!"

"Freddy, Molly! Get back to the party room. It's not safe for you to be out here alone." The professor who had previously overheard the duo's conversation disrupted the argument, but his

train of thought was disrupted upon seeing the book in Freddy's hands. "Ahh," he said, taking the book from Freddy's hands. "Human Stories." He sat down in a nearby recliner. "Do you believe in humans?"
© Copyright 2015 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2062235-The-Existence-of-Humans