*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2062243-Wheres-My-Illegally-Stolen-Car
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2062243
When is a car not stolen? The answer is - when it's illegally stolen.

Where’s My Illegally Stolen Car


     “I don’t want to go visit you’re your mother.” Said Morien. “Your parents live in a very bad part of the Community.”

     “We spent last weekend with your parents,” said Winda. “And I hate your mother as much, if not more, than you hate my mother. You can spend one weekend with my parents ever so often. I do with yours.”

     “That’s another thing,” said Morien. “Why do we have to spend the whole weekend with them?”

     “Because we spent the whole weekend with your parents last weekend,” said Winda. “It’s not going to kill you to spend one weekend with my parents.”

     “It might kill me in this part of the Community,” Morien said. “Besides, I’m more worried about my car getting stolen around here than us getting killed.”

*******

     The weekend wasn’t as bad Morien thought that it was going to be.
And it went even faster than Morien expected it would too. One second they were entering his Second Mother’s house. And the next they were exiting it.

     There was only one slight problem to stop them from returning home: Their car was missing. When they left Winda’s parents house they suddenly stopped. And stared at where their car used to be when they parked in there the night before. Their car was stolen sometime overnight. And they didn’t hear a thing.

     “I told you this was going to happen,” said Morien. “Didn’t I tell you this was going to happen.”

     “Yes, you did.” Winda didn’t stop looking at where the car used to be. “Now what are we going to do.”
“We have no choice,” Morien said. “And I hate to do it. But we have to stay here another night. We can go to Law Enforcement today.”

     “But Law Enforcement isn’t going to be able to do too much since it’s the weekend,” finished Winda. “Even Law Enforcement doesn’t like to come into this part of the Community.”

     “It’s not Law Enforcement I’m worried about,” said Morien. “They probably already know who stole our car. I’m more worried about what happened to our car.”

     Morien and Winda did go to Law Enforcement admittedly. But they had to borrow Winda’s Parent’s car to do it. They spent the whole day at Law Enforcement. Morien and Winda got transferred from one department to another all day. But finally they got the answer to what happened to their car. And they are shocked.

     Their car wasn’t stolen. It was legally taken. But it couldn’t have been taken legally. They were four months late with their monthly car payments. But they made arraignments to deal with that. They got three of the four transferred to the end of their written arraignment.

     “I’m not all that surprised it happened like this,” said Winda. “I knew they would do something like that. That’s why we really came to see my parents this weekend.” Windi showed Morien the Unit Voucher she got from her parents.

*******

     After a sleepless night Morien and Winda started contacting Borrowing Agencies to borrow a car so they could get back home. And they had the Protection with the stolen car. Morien still considered it stolen since it was taken illegally. But they couldn’t find anyone that would come to that part of the Community.

     Finally, they had to give up. And borrow Winda’s parent’s car again. Which meant they had to return home, get their second car, and then return to give back the car they borrowed from Winda’s parents.

     Once they returned Winda’s Parent’s car Morien and Winda returned home. But by the time they got home it was too late to do anything about their illegally stolen car. So as early as they could the next morning they tried to contact those who really stole their car.

     “What I want to know is why they stole it,” said Morien. “I thought we made arraignments so that wouldn’t happen.”

     “We did,” said Winda. “And stop calling it stolen. It wasn’t stolen.”

     “I consider it stolen,” Morien said. “Because they are the ones who broke the arraignment.”

     “You’re right they are the ones who broke the arraignment,” said Winda. “And I agree it was stolen illegally. But according to the Laws of Bekkim it wasn’t stolen.”

     After trying to contact those who stole their car – illegally Morien and Winda finally contacted them. When they do they find out that Those who stole their car illegal never got the papers agreeing with the new arraignment.”

     “I know I sent in those papers,” said Morien. “In fact, I have copies of them on my Data Monitor.” Morien left the room to get those copies.

     “I’m not surprised they did something like this,” said Winda. “I knew they were going to something like this – I just didn’t know what they were going to do.”

     Morien returned a few minutes later. “This should clear things up.” But it didn’t. When they contacted those who stole their car illegally they found out it didn’t matter if they had proof that they had made arraignments after all. The car had already been taken. Morien and Winda should had proven that arraignment before the car was taken. But how could they have done that if they didn’t know they had to prove it? Those who stole their car illegally didn’t have an answer to that.

     “What are we going to do now? You don’t have to answer that,” said Morin. “I already know the answer to that.”

     “There’s nothing we can do about it,” said Winda. “Once again Big Business gets away with murder. Or in this case stealing.”


The End?



Note to whom it may concern: The reason why I didn’t mention who really stole their car illegally is because I couldn’t – for legal reasons.









© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2062243-Wheres-My-Illegally-Stolen-Car