*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2063133-It-Only-Takes-One-Night-a-Year
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063133
The full title for this story is "It Only Take One Night a Year to Feed Me a Whole Year."

It Only Takes One Night a Year


     “That’s a great costume,” said Beffin. “You really look like a Fairy. How did you get to be so small?”

     Mimma suddenly grew up. One second she was about the size of a baby bird. The next she was the size of a little girl around ten or eleven. “Sorry about that. I forgot about my size again.”

     “How did you do that? I really want to know,” said Beffin.

     “It’s a trick,” said Mimma. “If I told you how I would have to kill you.”

     “I don’t want to know that much,” said Beffin. Beffin reached into the bowl next to the front door for some candy. Then he gives it to the Fairy.

     Mimma looked into her big clear bag. There was a lot of sweets already in there. “Only two pieces. You can do better than that.”

     “That’s all I have left,” said Beffin. “I have a little more to give out. But I need it for all the others tonight.”

     “The night is almost over,” said Mimma. “There aren’t going to many, if any, more children who come by here tonight.”

<<<<*>>>>

     Mimma looked into her bag. That time her bag was almost full. “This should be enough food to keep me alive for another year on this planet.” Mimma was the size of a baby bird again.

     Looking back at the house she just left Mimma smiled. “You should have given me all of it.”

     The door was still open a little. Just beyond that door Beffin laid on the floor – dead. Suddenly the empty bowl on his chest fell off. Beneath that bowl was a big hole where his stomach used to be. Within that hole – there was nothing.


The End?


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2063133-It-Only-Takes-One-Night-a-Year