*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064013-The-Faith-Business
by Junior
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2064013
The role of the church,good and bad
Often the loss,the emotionally wounded,are more willing to listen.
Behind the walls,sturdy doors of his house,refuge from the world is found.
The message that is preached,how golden,how it catches the light,how it glistens!
Pains can be forgotten,struggles put aside,all you have to is let them in.

Protection sought from this cruel world inside the high walls of his holy house.
Surrounded by the like minded,who also struggle to cope with this complex life.
Awe inspiring stained glass,high ceilings,designed to keep you quite as a mouse.
Obedience,loyalty expected if you want to remain one of his flock,his chosen.

Tunnel vision,blinded by faith ,are traits of his sheep.
Views on sexuality,the races,equality,shaped by ancient text.
To the defence of their church,the faithful are so quick to leap.
Personal views take second place to the official view of the church.

The faith business brings in its treasures and rewards in pounds,euros,dollars.
Dealing in converting the unworthy souls,preparing them for the life after.
Getting bums on seats is all that matters,sisters,fathers,brothers,mothers.
Priests,vicars,rabbis,like sales men making a pitch to suck you in.


Promises made but no proof available,covered by the faith needed disclaimer.
In a world of facts and evidence,no were else would this be just accepted.
Religions based on holy books that include female bashing were its fine to blame her.
Filled with stories that seem more like works of fiction than actual fact.

With any institution in life there is good and bad to be found.
Some will point out the role in charity the church can play
For every perverted preacher,there are many more good ones around.
Religion enriches the life of some, but is despised,not trusted by others.

A force for good or a tool for the greedy and power mad?
It comes down to your point of view and its freedom of choice.
If peoples right to worship was taken it would be so very sad.
But with power comes responsibilty and the cancer must be cut out.
© Copyright 2015 Junior (rower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064013-The-Faith-Business