*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064365-A-Reoccurring-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2064365
love and loss. dreaming of what you once had

A Reoccurring Dream, Through Pristine White Drapes

November 17, 2005

Staring out of deep brilliance, I see the world behind translucent drapes. Warm breezes fill the morning air, and sun creeps across the floor. Slowly tracing its way to the radiance of our shrine. Two lovers, yourself and I, cocooned beneath a downy layer made out of the clouds. I can feel your chest slowly moving to the rhythmic beating of your heart, and I trace a glance across your skin. Beautiful in a way of almost perfection, you are what I live for. These are the times that take my breath away.

Looking back towards the drapes I see that the breeze has broken the barrier between outside and my dreams. I can soon start to feel the goose bumps start to rise as a foreign air grazes across my sensitive outer layer. Around you, my every nerve is on high alert, addicted to your touch. Turning over and placing my head in my hands, I gaze at your face. Looking at you, I see more than I have ever seen in a lifetime. I see memories from our pasts, and I see memories to be made. I see emotions rushing across my pupils, in fast epic motions. Every sensation ever related to love, seeps into my veins. My one true love, you are sleeping beside me, how is this so? How was it that god created two people so perfect for each other?

Moving in careful stillness, as calm as the oxygen we breath, I reach for you without making physical contact. My soul is the only thing I dare to let feel your skin at the moment. Scared to wake you from your illusions. You’re so tranquil at these moments, far off in your dreamland. But the urge soon arises, and I miss the heat from your skin on mine. Having the courage to touch you, skin to skin, and not being able to bear no contact any longer, I move to you in a way that my body depends on. I need my fix for the moment, and your wide open for the attack.

Gently, but expressively, I put my lips to yours. Pressing harder as each second ticks away on the clock. I can’t be away from you any longer. I start to put more passion into it, and I can feel you generate just as much back. But the next moment, I open my eyes, and feel empty air against my once covered lips. My eyes have now awakened to reality. I guess tonight has been the same as every other night since we met. That the dream I just had, is still my greatest fantasy.

© Copyright 2015 LebaneseBlonde (mustbedreaming at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064365-A-Reoccurring-Dream