*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064630-Perfection
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Writing · #2064630
A beauty among beasts is what she was...what am I?
A small flash of anger went through her eyes as she stared at the girl who sat across from her. Long blonde hair that fell down from her shoulders, perfect lightly tanned skin kissed by the sun, not a blemish on her pretty face. All she could do was stare and feel something creep up inside of her like a bad cold.

The blonde made no move or even noticed the tension that spurred from the other girl across from her. Even then, she felt her jaw clench at the sight of her. The feeling of wanting to ruin something, but the tight leash that held her back would not loosen. Why so perfect? Did life decide she needed to be better than the rest? Was fate truly that kind to her?

A smile that stayed on her lips until the day she died, a life filled with glory and wonder until death does her part? Was that truly what life had in store for her and nothing else?

A small curl of her fingers as she resumed staring at the food in front of her. What was she compared to this perfect little brat? Nothing...she had nothing...nothing on the girl across from her...nothing on anyone. The pain that would haunt her and nag at the corners of her being.

Maybe that's how it was supposed to be...a perfectionist among the imperfect...a beauty among beasts.

© Copyright 2015 Relictus (relictusluctis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064630-Perfection