*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064929-Four-of-a-Kind
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2064929
Getting selected gets three young females killed.

Four of a Kind


     “Another death.” Co-Lead Investigator lanc turned the dead female over. “That makes the third one in three days.”

     “Her face is scratched up beyond recognition just like the other two.” Co-Lead investigator Izza stood on the other side of the body. “What kind of a male could do this to a female.”

     “A very sick one.” Lanc started glancing around. “The Death Weapon should be around here somewhere.”

     Just then Timon, a Patrol Local, came running up. “I found the Death Weapon. It was in the grass over there.”

     Timon gave Lanc the clear package with a bloody blade in it. “I knew it would be nearby. They all have been.”

     “The first one was next to a wall. It was hard to find because of the dark.” Izza looked at the blood too. “And the second one was near ‘The Tower to the Sky’ building.”

     Back at Division Izza sat behind a Work Station and entered the latest crime scene into her Data Monitor. Lanc went up to the big monitor in front of their Work Stations.

     “They have to have something in common.” Izza now stood by Lanc.

     “What we know so far is that they are all about the same age. And their faces have been sliced up very badly.” Lanc was staring at the big monitor.

     “We have to find him within the next thirty hours or another female dies.” Izza looked at the Lanc.

     Just then Ulli, the Local Medic, came in. “I know who the killer is.”

     “Why did you kill your own three sisters?” Izza asked Occe after they brought in.

     “Because we were all born at the same time. But they were selected – not me. I had to live at that Unwanted House all of my life.”





© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2064929-Four-of-a-Kind