*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065403-Letter-to-my-Dad
by Jen~
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #2065403
Letter to my dad, just a few things I needed to get out....
Dear Daddy,

Please grab my hand, hold it tight....tell me that everything is going to be okay. I need you in my life so much and I can't believe that your leaving us. I wanted you to see as the kids grow up, get married and have their own babies. I wanted you to give me away to marry Steve, I want to have more time, more talks, more chances. I don't want to be selfish and ask you to stay if you are ready to leave...but Daddy the pain is so intense that it feels like my heart is on fire. I can't breathe, think, concentrate or process any of this! In the past 4 years we have been getting so much closer and being able to let things of the past heal and move on. I am not ready to let you go, I need you Daddy! You tell me that you are proud of me, when your gone and I am left here alone to deal with a parent who doesn't tell me that, what am I going to do when I can't call and hear you say it? When your not here to give me strength and guidance, what will I do? I know that you will never truly be gone, in my heart you will live forever and I know that just like Papaw, you will be here with me, leaving me signs just like he does. I always feel safe when you hug me, I will miss that feeling so much. I will miss hearing your voice, your joking and funny ways, the way you love me unconditionally and how you have never judged me. I will forever need your support to help me follow my dreams...you have always believed in anything that I have dreamed of. Always told me that I can do anything I want if I truly put my mind to it. You have always helped me in any way that you could, and now it is my turn to help you. I will be here by your side throughout this entire time, I will make the most of every minute that we have together. I will take away from this as much memories that I can. I will forever remember this life lesson I am about to experience and I know that everything happens for a reason....I may not understand the reason, I may never know the reason....but I know that I will learn from what is about to happen. There is so much more I have to say, yet the words I just cannot find right now...

I will forever and always be a daddy's girl and I love you so much.

We will be connected always, in spirit and in our hearts....in my mind and in our memories....

I love you Daddy

~Live~Laugh~Love~




© Copyright 2015 Jen~ (jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065403-Letter-to-my-Dad