*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065543-fate-twist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by majid
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2065543
a criticism of not believing in superstitions.
The sun was in the center of the sky and was shining its light to the earth. Underneath was Jack soaked with sweat. He had passed a long steeped slope. Along the way he had not paid attention to the beautiful flowers beside the road, he was not even aware of the spotless river on the other side of the road. All he thought about was his job interview that had occupied his mind for a long time.
Now, he was in front of a big iron door. He was prepared and determined to enter.

Five minutes later he was in the company. Then he asked the secretary for direction. H was approaching the opportunity for he had been waiting for a long time. He cleaned his throat and knocked on the door. “Come on in” said a mature voice.

“Being a supervisor is not easy so, tell me are you sure you can handle the responsibility?” asked the boss. ”Oh, sure. I assure you I am a hard worker and ambitious enough to reach the zenith of this position. ” answered Jack. The boss reviewed his CV and endorse all for the supervisory position. And he told him that he can start working from the day after. He left the company happily and decided to treat himself with a cup of tea.

He was contemplating deeply, NO I must NOT accept the job. Yeah, surely enough I must NOT. Oh, God, how stupid I am. I saw a black cat when I was entering the company and did not notice that at all. That is not good. Now, he was thumbing through his calendar, counting the days he had been waiting for his dream career, but suddenly he reached October 13, he was not mistaken, that day was
October 13, another sign of bad fortune, which made him determined not to get the job.

Now, October 20, the weather is dusky. Rain is pouring in New York train station. Jack is visible there drenched in water and he is carrying a man’s heavy luggage. Jack is exhausted but he has to obey the man who said he is going to be a supervisor soon.
© Copyright 2015 majid (93211176m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065543-fate-twist