*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065620-Do-Not-Blame-Yourself
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2065620
This is written in memory of the baby brother I never got to know
Do not blame yourself for what has happened, I do not blame you. You could not prevent what happened and there was nothing that could be done, it simply was and that was that. So please do not blame yourself for my being still born.

Do not blame yourself that I did not enter the world with a healthy cry, I am sure you are crying or have cried more than I might have done.
Do not blame yourself for what could not be prevented, I am at peace and in part I am still with you even if I am not seen or felt, I am still part of you.

Do not blame yourself that I will not learn to talk or walk, do not blame yourself that I will not learn how to crawl. I know I will not learn how to read or experience the simple delight of watching birds fly above me, please do not blame yourself for my death.
Do not blame yourself that I may never experience life with my siblings, good or bad experiences, do not blame yourself that I will not grow into an adult. Do not blame yourself.

Do not blame yourself should you be able to mourn at my grave, should you be able to. I am not there after all. What may be there is an empty shell while I am still quite alive, just not in a sense like yourself and others when it comes to the physical sense of life.
Do not blame yourself that I may never smell a rose or enjoy a meal I like. Do not blame yourself for my voice being one of silence instead of laughter and joy or even sadness and despair.

Do not blame yourself for the life I never got to live, at least I came close but it was not to be. Perhaps by now I am about to be reborn and am living a whole new life or I am waiting to be born again.
Do not blame yourself that I will not celebrate any birthday's, maybe fall in love one day, maybe even have children of my own. Do not blame yourself for what simply could not be.

Do not blame yourself and even if you forget me, a part of you still retains an imprint of me. Maybe one day we'll meet again.

Until then do not blame yourself, I am at peace.

I am at peace.
© Copyright 2015 ReinaHW (reinahw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065620-Do-Not-Blame-Yourself