*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065692-The-Witch-Of-Garden-City
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2065692
A story about a misunderstanding.
There once was a sixteen-year-old girl named Agatha Twitch. She lived in Garden City New Jersey. She lived in the biggest house in Garden City. It had once belonged to her great, great , great grandparents. It was VERY big and VERY scary. Agatha's parents had died when she was only seven so she lived with her grandmother until she died only a year ago. So she lived in that big, scary house all by herself. Agatha was kind of socially awkward so she didn't go out much Everybody in Garden City was afraid she was a witch. Sadly Agatha had no friends. She dressed really weirdly and spoke in a British accent. The people made up stories about her casting spells and cooking in a cauldron a witches brew. All this was NOT true and left Agatha feeling mad and frustrated.
Once a month she went into town and bought what she needed. Everyone avoided her path. No one soul in the town would speak to her not even the store keeper. He just stood back and got what she wanted. She had been band from coming to church. Which made her very mad. She was a devout christian and loved the Lord and his word. Life was very hard for her (as you can imagine) and the only comfort she had was riding her horse up to the mountain to read the bible and pray.
On November the first she went into town for her monthly shopping. She met a man on the street who didn't run away and actually introduced himself as Mr. Alexander Jones. He talked to her nicely and inquired after her day. They soon became so involved in conversation that they didn't even notice that the sun was starting to go down. Agatha finally noticed this and told Mr. Jones that she must leave. He said he was sad to see her go and hoped they would meet again sometime. Agatha smiled at this and walked happily home.
Agatha and Alexander were soon very good friends, so one day she showed him her favorite spot on the mountain. He said it was very beautiful. That soon became their spot that they came to very often.
Two years later on Agatha's birthday Alexander asked her to marry him and they lived happily ever after in that big creepy house. The people of Garden city were very ashamed of how they treated Agatha when the found out that she had married the Mayor. Yes Mr. Alexander Jones was the Mayor of Garden City.
© Copyright 2015 cowgirl (pocket12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065692-The-Witch-Of-Garden-City