*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065860-Controlling-Issues
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2065860
Natalita talks with Hathis about the fifteen females who have disappeared.

Controlling Issues


     Hathis gave a new meaning to the words ‘Mad Scientist.’ But no one at that Press Conference knew that. They didn’t know what he had to go through to create his newest invention. ‘I have a system for getting exactly what I want out of people.’ Thought Hathis as he scanned the people in front of him. ‘With my new invention I can make you do anything that I want you to do – and I mean anything.’

<<<<<>>>>>

     ‘I have had this idea ever since I was a kid when I was pushed around. If only I could have come up with this solution then. But it has taken me this long to do it. And it hasn’t been easy.’ Hathis sat behind a desk in a lab he kept in the underground rooms beneath his family house.

     He didn’t go up to the main house very often – except for entering or leaving it. But he didn’t need to. Most of the time he spent in his lab. So he sent up a mini house down there. It had everything he needed: A place to work on his inventions, a sleeping room, a food preparation/eating room and a personal waste management system.

     Just then a red light, on the wall next to the only way in there, began to flash. He pushed the top of the red light. And it stopped flashing. When he did a monitor on the wall in front of him came on. “What do you want?”

     Natalita, a Local Investigator, leaned so close to the Video Feeder she practically smashed her face against it. “I need to talk to you again about all the recent disappearances.”

     “I’m a little bit busy right now. Can you come back later?” Hathis wasn’t really doing anything.

     “I am very busy too. But I have a series of disappearances to investigate. Two of the fifteen who have disappeared in the last couple of months have returned. But they can only remember one thing – you.” Natalita had pulled back a little from the Video Feeder.

     Hathis eyes practically popped out of his head as he looked toward the exit to that room. “I’ll be there in a minute. You can go into the Living Room. We can talk there.”

     Natalita heard a faint beat just before the front door opened. She entered. And the first thing she noticed was that no one opened the door for her. Natalita walked down a narrow hallway and entered a door, under the stairs, on her left. That door also suddenly opened.

     Waiting for her in the Living Room Hathis had just gotten himself a drink. “Would you like something?”

     “No, thank you. I’m working.” Natalita looked around the room. It looked like a scene from a horror story. Cobwebs and dust was everywhere. And the furniture there still had sheets on it.

     “That’s not the kind of drinks I’m referring to. I’m not that crazy. I don’t have any adult drinks here.” Hathis said down in a sheeted chair. It puffed up a little as he did it.

     “This is my first time inside. You usually meet me outside before I even get the chance to come in here.” Natalita sat in the chair next to Hathis. Her sheets also sprang to life too.

     “My attention was on my work. I didn’t see you come up. Must have forgotten to set the Scanners again.” Hathis took a long drink. “Why are you here?”

     “The two missing females can’t remember anything – except for talking to you at a Public Eatery.” Natalita took out some paper and a writing tool. The writing tool looked like a pen without any ink in it. She started writing as soon as Hathis spoke.

     “You already know I recently meet all of those females while eating out. I eat out a lot. And when I do I try to get involved with some of the local females. Usually I don’t. but sometimes I do. The last couple of months I have a lot.” Hathis only took a sip from his drink.

     “Both of them found looked like death. They have been tortured to the edge of death.” Natalita looked through her papers. “And both of them were found near here.”

     “Which means I must be the one who tortured them. I’m an inventor. Not a torturer. I don’t know why they were found so close to me.” Hathis finished his drink and up the empty container on a table between them.

     “I do have other Possibles. But when the two were found near here I had to come by.” Natalita got up and walked toward the door. “If you can think of anything to help me contact me.”

     “Of course I will. I’ve told you that the last four times you came by here.” Hathis escorted her out.

     After she left he returned to the Living Room. Hathis went over to the Wood Heater. And touched a hidden button on the side of it. The Wood Heater slid open. ‘I hope I never have to see her again.’ He walked through that opening.

     A minute later he entered another room. That one had thirteen females in different degrees of death within it.

<<<<<>>>>>

     Behind Hathis a drape fell off a giant square computer that looked like a Human face. Two large circles looked like eyes. Just below that a small monitor instead of a nose and a control panel, sticking out, below the monitor in the shape of a squared month.

     ‘There are several of my childhood abusers here today.’ Hathis looked at one person in particular. “In a minute I will give you all a test of my new invention.”

     Just then Natalita came onto that stage. She had her weapon out. At first it pointed at Hathis. Then suddenly she pointed it at the person Hathis hated. And fired twenty Laser Bullets into him. ‘Now who is the Weird One, Braydom.’

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065860-Controlling-Issues