*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065871-You-First-Then-the-World---Part-Three
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2065871
This is the most twisted part of all.

The total word count, including this line, is 5074.


“You First Then the World”
Part Three



     Klarotta had finally left her island. But not for long. She planned on going back just as soon as she claimed her island. She wasn't doing it for the wealth, even though that would be nice, she was doing it so that no one else would. If someone else claims her island then more people like those last three would show up.

     It didn't take her long to get to the next Large Land Mass. Those last three were right. That was probably the fastest Floater on the planet. And it has a lot going for it on the inside too. There is a lot more in it than most of the Floaters she had been in. And most of it is very advance.

     Once on the nearest Large Land Mass it didn't take Klarotta long to claim her island. But she did have some trouble doing it though. One problem she had was she didn't know where to go to claim her island. She tried to get help from the locals there. But none of them would help. It took a little time but she did find it. Another problem was she didn't know where her island was. She could tell them where it was. But she didn't know where it was. That's when she found out that she did own the island after all – thanks to her parents.

     Her parent were alive. At least they were twenty four years ago when they claimed that island in her name. They hadn't lived there long enough to claim it. It would be another six years before they could claim it. Is that why they left her behind? So that she could claim that island? That's a stupid reason to leave a child behind. Why couldn't they just wait six more years and claim it then? Maybe it's because of the Thorian there. She could understand why they may have had to claim it when they did. But why didn't they take her with them? And why they didn't return. Maybe something happened to her parents before they could return. That would explain a lot. But she didn't think that was what really happened.

     The planet was as bad as some of her visitor to her island said it was. And it's probably gotten worse in the last twelve years. If it was this bad now it must have been really bad back then. Klarotta couldn't believe how bad Porvola was. She had thought the visitor were lying to her. But they weren't. It was as bad as they said it was – if not worse.

     Klarotta could have just returned to her island and forgot all about the rest of the world. But she couldn't. She had to know if that Large Land Mass was like the rest of the planet. Klarotta wasn’t going to check out the whole planet. But if that Large Land Mass was this bad she didn't want to know how badly the rest of the planet was. Hopefully that was the worst part of the planet. But she didn't think so. That was probably the best Large Land Mass on that planet

     She was only there for a few hours. But it seems a lot longer than that to Klarotta. She knew one thing when she returned to her new Floater. That planet needed help. And it needed help bad. Klarotta spent the night on her new Floater before returning to her island. By the time she got finished looking around it was dark. And no one was stupid enough to travel by Ocean in the dark.

     By the time Klarotta got back to her island she had a plan. That planet needed help. And she was going to give it to them. She just didn’t know how she was going to do it. What she needed to do was to find out just how bad that planet really was. Maybe she was wrong about that too. It might not be as bad as she thought it was. Or it might even need any help. If that is true then she can just return to her island and forget about the rest of the world. But she didn't think that was going to happen. She really did believe that planet needed her help. And she had a plan to do just that – help them.

*******

     Over the next several months Klarotta learned everything she could about that planet. And that wasn't all that hard to do with her new Floater. It all she needed to learn about Porvola. There was one thing on the Floater that really helped her the most. She didn't know what it was called. At least not then. But she called it a Fact Finding Box. It looked like a big metal box with the front that showed images, writing, and moving images on it. There was also something attached to it that box helped her so she could see the images, her writing and the moving images on the front of the metal box.

     At first all she used it for was her writing. Now she could write whenever she wanted and whatever she want to write. While writing one day a message came up asking her if she wanted to join The Community. The message also said that they had been monitoring her writing. And they thought she would make a nice addition to The Community. That's when she realized there was more to the metal box than just for her writing.

     It took her a long time to figure out how to join The Community aka The Community Of Writers. She didn't know all she needed to do was respond to The Message. But she figured it out – the hard way. But it wasn't all bad though. While trying to figure out how to join The Community she learned what else she could do, and see, on the metal box.

     The main reason she wanted to join The Community wasn't because she wanted her writing seen by the world, or seeing what other people was writing, it was because she might find her parents. If they are still alive they probably joined The Community. They may have even been the one who sent her The Message. She didn't think that was what happened because they would have said who they were, instead of ending it with a couple of titles - The Storymaster and The Storymistress, unless they didn't want her to know it was from them. But why would her parents do that? Probably the same reason why they left a nine year old on an island all alone twenty four years ago.

     Once she joined The Community she started looking for her parents. She started with the Historic Adventure writers. The just the Historic writers. And then the Adventure writers. She found a lot of good writers, and a lot to read, but she didn't find anything that might be her parents writing. Maybe she was wrong about them joining The Community. Or maybe she was wrong about them still being alive. She might have even been wrong about The Storymaster and the Storymistress. After all they had been keeping in contact with her ever since that first Message.

     Klarotta started going outside The Community. Maybe her parents joined another writing Club. The Community was maybe the biggest with over a million members. But was it the only writing Club on Porvola? That's what Klarotta wanted to know. So she started searching for them. But she couldn't find any more writing Clubs. Maybe The Community was the only one.

*******

     Ever since she went to that Large Land Mass Klarotta had been getting a lot of Credits and Units. Those three males were right about one thing. She was now very wealthy. At first she wasn't doing to let them mine the Thorian. But they said they would only be on the island a few days to get the equipment set up. They also said that most of the mining would happen a couple of miles away from the island. They were right about everything they told her. So she let them mine the Thorian.

     It had only been a few months since they started mining. And she was already one of the wealthiest people on that planet. It didn't do her much good living on the island like that. But having all of that wealth was good to have. Klarotta even thought of leaving her island. But where would she go. She knows what she would do – continue writing. And she could do that anywhere in the world. But she didn't know where she should go. So she went back to the metal box. It didn't take her long to find it either. She also found a way to help the planet too – by taking over. And she was going to do that with a lot of help from The Community.

     Klarotta invited all one million writers of the Community to her island for a big party. The Community was celebrating fifteen years being The Community. By the way everyone talked about it Klarotta though they had been around a lot longer than that. She thought it was more like fifty years than fifteen. It didn't really matter how long The Community had been around. As long as everyone came to her party. And everyone was going to come too. She wasn't going to take no for an answer. Her getting everyone there was very important for her taking over Porvola. They all had to come – no matter what.

     She was right. There was a lot of them that couldn't come to her party. Some of the reasons were personal. And they were the hardest for her to deal with. But it could be done. Some of the reasons were Credit and Unit wise. They didn't have what it took to come to the party. That was something that Klarotta could deal with. And even that had its problems. A lot of them didn't want to be a burden. Klarotta explained to them it wasn't a burden. She had the wealth. Why not use it to help her fellow writers. If she had to do it she would offer the Credits and Units in exchange for their writing.

     There was about ten thousand writers that couldn't come to the party for one reason or another. And it was a lot of trouble getting them to come too. But Klarotta did it. She set it up for the month that started it all. The Community was using that month for a lot of other things too. But they were all within The Community. She was the only one who was doing anything outside The Community. That month was almost there. Soon she would be taking over the planet of Porvola.

*******

     The day of the party was finally here. Everyone started arriving early. Since the million writers lived all over the world Klarotta set Special Floaters to bring them there. Even the ones who could get there on their own wasn't allowed to do so. Klarotta explained it to them that even though her island was one of the biggest island on Porvola it wasn't that big when it comes to beaches. Getting all of them on the island wasn't a problem. Her island could hold twice as many writers if not a lot more. Even getting them there wasn't a problem. The problem was with the number of Floater they could get there. The Special Floaters where the only way to get everyone there. Unless they wanted to walk on the Ocean for a short distance. And no one wanted to do that did they?

     There was only one cave. But it was more than big enough for everyone to be in there together. She was never allowed in that cave. Her parents thought it was too dangerous. Even after they left her there alone she didn't go into the cave. But eventually she did. And she discovered what they were hiding there. It was a historian delight. There were a lot of historic treasure there. Probably not a lot of Credits and Units – if any. But it was still wealth to her parents. That island must have been a Small Land Mass a long time ago.

     That cave tunnel was very long. And it lead into a large cavern deep within the island. Within the cavern there was a large hole in the center of it. Klarotta was at the end of the cave tunnel greeting everyone who enter there. She directed them where to go for the party. And she mentally check each one of them off her Invitation List. So far she hadn't greeted The Storymaster or The Storymistress. But she was sure they were coming. After all everyone was coming to that party.

     Both The Storymaster and The Storymistress did come to that party. They were just among the last of those to get there. In fact they were in the third group from the end. But they did get there. And Klarotta did greet them. She also told them where to go too. But she didn't recognize them. Klarotta knew that if they were her parents she would recognize them – but she didn't. Which means either they weren't her parents. Or they had changed quite a bit since the last time she saw them. She knew they would change some, if not a lot, from age. But she still would have been able to recognize something about them. Unless they didn't want anyone, especially her, to recognize them. Klarotta didn't think that was it. But it was possible.

     After the last of the writers arrive, and was checked off the Invitation List, did Klarotta head for The Hole in the center of that cavern too. Once she knew all the writers where within The Hole did she seal off the cave tunnel with a large rock. She couldn't move the rock. No one could. But she was the only one who knew how to get it away from that cave tunnel.

     Klarotta didn't go into The Hole like all the others. She stopped herself at the edge of The Hole. And looked down at all one million fellow writers within that hole. You would think that a million people, especially grownups – which most of them were, wouldn't fit into a hole within a cavern. But they could on that island. The cavern took up almost the whole island but underneath it. So The Hole was more than big enough for all the writers to be within it. Not only were they within The Hole they could move around it without any problems at all.

     Looking down at the one million fellow writers Klarotta smiled. Then said in a normal voice, "Welcome to my island. I know that I already greeted each one of you at the cave tunnel. But that was for the party. This is for the welcome."

     Everyone looked a little confused because of what was going on. They were even talking among themselves with the other writers around them. It looked to Klarotta like some of them knew each other before that day. Maybe they got to know each other on their way there. That's probably what happened. It didn't really matter what they were doing as long as they could hear her. And they could do that. She didn't know how that it happened. But normal sound could be heard within The Hole.

     Klarotta tried to hear what her fellow writers were saying to each other. But she couldn't because there was so many different conversations going on at the same time. After another minute or two she continued her welcome. "I'm so glad that all of you could came here today. You last day on the planet of Porvola."

     At first what Klarotta just said didn't register with the other writers within The Hole. But one by one they all started to figure it out. For most of them it came at the same time. But for a lot it came individually. They were all looking up at Klarotta when she started her welcome. And she could see that what she just said really shocked them. It shocked them so much that it took almost a minute, if not a little longer, before someone said anything. Klarotta couldn't tell who said it. But what they said she could hear very clearly.

     "What are you talking about?" Said one of the writers from within The Hole below.

     "I have to admit I didn't know how I was going to do this. But there's no easy way to say it. So I just said it." said Klarotta. Then she added, "I lied to you about what is really going one here today. You are here to celebrate your fifteen years in The Community. But we are also here to say goodbye to all of you too."

     Ever since Klarotta said 'that this was their last day on the planet of Porvola' the writers within The Hole started to panic. They started talking to themselves. And to no one, and everyone, around them. That's exactly what Klarotta wanted to happen. Just look at the big, evil, smile on her face. A smile that has been there ever since she stepped up to The Hole.

     "The real reason why I brought you all here today is to kill you. And before anyone asks me why I will tell you. I am going to take over Porvola. But there is only one group that might be able to stop me – you."

     "This planet is in need to be dominated. It needs a new leader. And I am going to be that leader. There are several wars going on around the planet. People are starving to death all over the planet. And we might be advanced planet wise we aren't population wise. Do the wealthy, individuals as well as Land Masses, do something to help those around the planet like they should. The answer to that is no. All they care about is themselves and how to make their lives better. Someone has to do something to save this planet. And that someone is me."

     Klarotta finally took a breath. But only a breath or two. Then she looked back down at all the other writers within The Hole. She could see that some of them wanted to say, or ask, something but they didn't. Maybe they were afraid to do it. And Klarotta couldn't blame for that.

     "Like I said a few minutes ago I have only one problem with world domination – and that problem is you. If anyone can stop me from world domination it's you. You have the imagination to stop me. And it you can't find a way to stop me with your imagination individual you could as a group. I can't take that chance. So I must kill you before I take over Porvola."

     She really thought that someone, or a lot more than just one someone, would start asking questions about what was going on. But no one did. All they were doing is staring up at her with shocked, or surprised, looks on their faces. It was about even between the two of them.

     After a couple of more minutes to let everything sink into their minds about what was really going on there Klarotta continued. "How am I going to do that a lot of you want to ask. But are afraid to do it. Up until several months ago I didn't even know the world was in need of domination. It all started when Thorian was discovered on my island. It's right under, and around this cavern. And it surrounds The Hole that you are in."

     Klarotta takes another breath, or two, before she continues on, "After seeing how bad the nearest Large Land Mass was I wanted to know if the rest of the planet was that bad. So I checked it out on my metal box. And I found out it was. That's when I decided to take over the planet. But I still had one big problem to solve first – you. And even that wasn't a problem anymore because of the Thorian. Did you know that Thorian in its raw form, like it is on my island, is almost as deadly as the Oceans of Porvola?"

     Finally someone said something. Klarotta couldn't see who it was, or even if it was male or female, but someone finally said something. "That explains a lot. Did you know that long expose to Thorian can make you crazy? And you have mentioned several times in your communications with The Community that you have lived here all of your life. That's a lot of exposure. Even if you weren't physically exposed to it you were still exposed to it. It doesn’t matter how much exposure you get once you are exposed you are exposed"

     That first writer didn't say all of that. They only said the first thing. Someone else said the rest. And like the first one they only said the next one. Then someone continued on from there. No one said any more than one thing just now.

     Klarotta smile got even bigger. If that were possible. "You think that I am crazy because I want to save this planet. Perhaps you are right. But you aren't going to be around much longer to see if you are."

     "You don't have to kill us. We all live in the world out there. So we know how bad it is." Said someone toward the center of The Hole. Klarotta still couldn't see who it was that spoke. But it sounded like it came from the middle section of writers. That is where The Storymaster and The Storymistress are both at. Could it be that one of them just tried to talk her out of killing them?

     "Did you ever think that instead of killing us we could all work together to save Porvola. You aren't the only one who is in interested in world domination." Said someone else. Also from the center of The Hole.

     "Yes I did think about that. And some of you might even mean it too. But how do I know which ones mean it and which ones are only saying it to get out of being killed?"

     "You're probably right about that. Some of us, maybe even a lot of us, would say that to get out of getting killed. But it doesn't mean they still wouldn't mean what they are saying. I'm one of them," said someone from The Hole.

     Klarotta tried to see who it was that just said that. And she thinks she has a pretty good idea who it was. But she wasn't for sure. So after a couple of minutes trying to figure it out she continued, "I can't take any chances. Even if you are true about joining me in world domination you could turn on me, and each other, the first chance you got. After all you just admitted that some, if not a lot, of you have been thinking about world domination too."

     "So what are you going to do? Are you going to let Thorian into this hole? And watch us all die a very painful and long lasting death. No one can be that crazy. Not even you." Said the Storymaster. This time Klarotta did see who was talking.

     "I am that crazy. That's exactly what I am going to do. But it won't be a painful death. I have altered the Thorian just a little. It will still take off the skin like it's supposed to do. But it won't kill the rest of you. You aren't any good to me if you are completely dead."

     "What do you mean by that? Either you are going to kill us or you aren't. Are you now thinking about not killing us after all?" Said one of the writers within The Hole.

     "No, I haven't changed my mind about killing you. Do any of you know how I have managed to stay alive all of the years alone on my island? I know I have mentioned it in my communications with The Community that I have lived here all of my life alone several times. But I don't think I have ever mentioned how I did it. Sure the visitors to my island left behind some food. And that did help me out a lot. After all I was alone. So I didn't need much to eat each day. But for the last twelve years I haven't had any visitors. I still have plenty of food. That's isn't a problem. But the owners of that food didn't want to leave it behind. So I had to make them leave it."

     Klarotta had to take several breaths this time before she continued, "What I am trying to say is that I am going to treat you like all the other visitors who have come to my island. I am going to eat you. And there are enough of you here to feed me for the rest of my life if my world domination plans don't work out as planned.

*******

     It had only been a couple of months since Klarotta took care of her fellow writers. And she still hadn't completed world domination. But she knew it would take her a year or two to do that. It didn't matter how long it took as long as it got done. And it was going to get done – one way or another.

     The main problem with world domination was the wealthy individuals and the wealthy Land Masses. They didn't want to help out the rest of the world. All Klarotta had to do it take them over and then share all that wealth with the rest of the world. Klarotta knew it wasn't going to be easy to do that. But it could be done. And she was going to do it too.

     There were only four, out of seventeen Large Land Masses – and about one hundred and forty Small Land Masses, wealthy Land Masses – all Large Land Masses. And about twenty six thousand wealthy individuals. But most of the wealthy individuals were part of a bigger, sometime very big, family unit. They weren't actually wealthy individuals.

     Klarotta's plan for world domination was very simple. She was going to do to the wealthy individuals as she did with the visitors to her island. And what she did with all her fellow writers. After they gave her all of their wealth she would kill them. And once she dealt with all of the wealthy individuals she would use all that wealth to take over the four wealthy Land Masses. Then she would use all that wealth to save Porvola.

*******

     The Storymaster and the Storymistress tried one more thing to save them from being killed too. It didn't save them. But they had to try something, anything, to stop from being killed. They told Klarotta that her parents did join The Community. But that they were dead now. Her parents died only a few years ago. They never did find out know how they died. But there was a lot of suspicion they also ate people too. The Storymaster and the Storymistress didn't believe it – until Klarotta told everyone how they were going to be killed.

     Maybe her parents didn't leave her behind after all. At least not for the reasons she was starting to believe were true. They may have left her there so that they wouldn't eat her too. But why didn't they come back for her? Klarotta didn't know if she would ever find out what actually happened to her parents. But she knew she had to try.

     Klarotta knew exactly how to find out what really happened to her parents. She went back to the metal box. It took her a long time to find out anything. But she eventually did – thanks to the three males who tried to steal her claim of the Thorian on her island. She found out what happened to her parents by finding out how those three males found out there was Thorian on her island. Now she knew what really happened to her parents. And why they never came back to get her.

*******

     Her parents left the island for two reasons. One of them was to protect her from their feelings of hunger. And the other reason was that they did find the Thorian on the island. They left the island to claim the island under her name like they did. And they did plan on returning to the island to get her once the arrangements were made to mine the Thorian. But once off the island the feeling of hunger started to fade. It didn't fade completely but it was enough to tell them they could never go back to the island.

     Even for a few hours would have started it all over again. And this time they didn't think it would be able to control it. They had a hard time dealing with each other. And the only reason why they left together was so that one of them wasn't there with Klarotta. It was the only way to protect her. They knew what it meant to leave her behind. But they had no choice. Her parents did keep an eye on her though. And they could see that her life wasn't an easy one, especially during the first twelve years of her life, but it wasn't that hard of one either.

     They also noticed that she was becoming more and more affected by the Thorian. Her parents knew what happened to the visitors who came to that island. That's why they put an end to it. They were the reason why no one came to her island in the last twelve years – until those three men who tried to steal her claim to the Thorian. They sent them there on purpose – because they knew what Klarotta would do to them. She would eat them like all the other visitors that came to her island.


The End?

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2065871-You-First-Then-the-World---Part-Three