*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2066247-essay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2066247
Essay writing tips
As salam o alaikum to all members.Being a css aspirant,i have worked hard to get through my first attempt.Today,i am going to share few basal steps ,for how to write an effective piece of essay.
There are four things in an essay.
1.Diction;including spellings,vocabulories etc.
2.Sentence structure; including tenses,parts of speech,grammar and sentence writing.
3.Paragraph; including prerequisites of paragrph,kinds of paragraphs etc.
4.Lastly,Essay;including do,s and do not,s of a good essay.
Now i will elaborate each of the above headings.
1.Diction:
As we know that the entire structure of a language is based on words.Therefore,words can be rightly called the building blocks of any language.If we want to write an effective piece of writing,we must have command over the words of the language.To improve your vocabulary consult to Dawn newspaper on regular basis.Gather vocabularies from all available sources and write them down in a diary.Besides it, improve your diction through replacing matriculation level vocabulary to advanced one.For instance,use significance instead of importance; use amused instead of surprise etc.Besides,buy a thesaurus.It will serve the purpose effectively.Write down and memorise at least 5 synonyms of each word.It will bring your vocabulary to its climax in a short span of time.
2. Sentence structure:
After words we have to have command on grammar,parts of speeches,tenses and variety of sentence structures.For this purpose,get command on tenses,parts of speech,kinds of sentences and different sentence structures.Do consult Wren and Martin,s books, as these are in rather simple tone than others.Above all, practice whatever you learn ;as, "practice makes a man perfect".
3.Paragraph:
After diction and sentences now we have to know about paragraph prerequisites.After getting Excellency in words and sentences, now our next target is Paragraaph.As we know for paragraph writing,we have to write topic sentence in the start of next 2 sentences of a paragraph.Topic sentence gives the reader a clear indication about what the whole paragraph is written.This must be attractive and suitable.The next sentences must define the topic sentence if a unified,coherent and orgnised way.The body of the paragraph must be relevant to the topic sentence.You can give data,facts and figures in the body of the paragraph.It merits a mention here that a paragraph can only discusses a single sub-aspect.We can not extend the paragraph to more than one single sub-aspect.For instance,if we are going to write on Poverty,the causes of the povert will be our aspect, and terrorism would be the single sub-aspect.Now, our paragraph should explain only terrorism as the cause of poverty.Here we can not discuss terrorism and industrial decline as the causes of poverty in a single paragraph.
4.Essay;
words make sentences,sentences make paragraphs and paragraphs make Essays.After getting efficiency in diction,sentence writing and paragraph writing, now the next task comes before us; how to utilise these steps to write a good essay.As we know, all the essays need outlines.Before writing an essay, we must draw an outline to facilitate ourselves and the reader that on which points you have written or want to write in the essay.Carefully draw the outline as it is crucial fr your essay.After writing outline,write the first paragraph called,introductory paragraph.Introductory paragraph inntroduces your entire essay.It must be attractive,logical and beautifully managed.Quotations work wonder in this regard to initiate the paragraph.Then go according to your outline and at the end,comes the conclusio.The last paragraph called concluding paragraph.In this paragraph once again you remind the reader that what have you doscussed about the topic.
This is a general and commony adopted strategy for essay writing.Insha Allah in my next article,i would be discussing each of the above topics thoroughly;each heading in separate article.Pray for my success! Allah Hafiz
© Copyright 2015 IsmailMengal (ismailmengal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2066247-essay