*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2068690-Silent-Screams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2068690
Just sat down to write and went with the flow.
She would sit alone on the floor, for hours, unmoving, staring in to blank space. The darkness that shrouded her room her only companion. Her only comfort. Silent tears ran down her face to quietly drip in a steady stream on her hands, hands that tightly clenched her dress, squeezing them hard for some semblance of control - a vain attempt, that.

Her throat ached with the need to let out her sobs that was slowly choking her. It felt like her entire being was pleading to be set free. Silent screams ravished her chaotic mind, scraping, clawing, and ripping at her walls.

It hurt.


It hurt.

It hurt.

It hurt.

She couldn't hold on anymore. Her lips moved as though forming words, but it was useless. Nothing would escape those lips that have remained silent, suffering quietly for so long.

Her heart throbbed in steady beats of agony. She felt mountains of loneliness constantly bearing down, pushing, pushing, pushing her heart in to the deepest, darkest abyss of pain. No escape.

Breathe. Inhale. Exhale.

She imagined what it would be like to cry heart out, what her sobs and screams would sound like. She laughs hysterically, sorrowful bitterness coating every note. She didn't understand this anguish. She didn't understand why she was so miserable.

There was a constant heavy feeling inside her, and she just was.

She was tired. Exhausted. Defeated. Resigned.

Will it always be like this? Will it never stop?
What must she do to make it stop?

Her eyes drifted down to her tear soaked hands. She sighed wistfully. She wanted someone to hold her, she wanted someone to hold on to as she broke over and over again. She missed the touch of another, the soft warmth that comforted her shattered pieces, slowly gluing them back together in to the facade of a happy person.

But she had lived thus far alone, falling down and picking herself up time and again. She had learned not to depend on anyone, those that claimed to love her, and especially those she loved. She would rather live in this pain, suffering all alone, than be a burden on anyone.

I asked her, "Why? Why are you so tremendously sad?"

Her tormented eyes looked at me, narrating the hard lessons that life had taught her, the profound scars engraved on her soul -

"Everyone is sad inside", she said.



© Copyright 2015 R.T.Jafrey (frostcorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2068690-Silent-Screams