*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2070059-Little-Circus
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2070059
Visit with Elroy and Oscar
The circus was in town. It was a new group this year and Oscar was dying to see them. He saw them pull in and waited for the big top go up before he went to see if he could find someone his age to hang out with.

Oscar roamed to the circus grounds and it didn't take long for him to find a boy carrying costumes into a small tent.

"Hi," Oscar said.

"Hi. Who are you?"

"I'm Oscar and I live across the park. I wanted to see if I could find someone to hang out with. Can I hang out with you?"

"Sure. It'll take us two days to get everything ready. Do you want to watch the performers practice?"

"That'd be great!"

Elroy lead his new friend to the big top.

"Wow! How do they do that?" Oscar exclaimed.

"Practice. Lots of practice."

Elroy and his family had been with the flea circus for a year now. His parents and sister were awesome and performed every weekend. Unfortunately, Elroy wasn't big enough to perform.

"Why aren't you out there?"

"Because I'm here," Elroy grinned.

"Well no duh. Why don't you perform with them?"

"I'm not ready yet."

"That sucks. Oh my gosh, did you see that?"

"Yeah, my sister's really good. She's learned to leap really far."

Oscar and Elroy clapped for Susy.

Elroy hung with Oscar for the day, helping his friend as they went along.

"I guess I'd better get home soon. It was cool to meet you, Elroy. I'll come back tomorrow if you want me to."

"Yeah, come back. If you come this weekend we can ride all the rides, go through the fun house, and watch my family perform."

"Awesome! Okay, I'll see you tomorrow and over the weekend."

© Copyright 2015 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2070059-Little-Circus