*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2070117-Goodbye-2015
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2070117
Writer's Cramp Entry~prompt-write letter to 2015
Dear 2015,

You are about to be over and before you leave I would like to reflect. You were a rough year for our family, a test of our strength I suppose. Let's not forget the good things though!!

My oldest daughter graduated at the age of 17 with her CNA license, and a full scholarship to college. She is now 18, has had a job for over a year and a half and has moved into her first house with her girlfriend..well actually now her fiance!! She proposed to her recently and my daughter said YES! I cannot believe how much she has grown during your time here 2015!! My other two are maturing and I see it in them that they are following in their sisters footsteps and they to are growing up so fast!

2015, you really were such a difficult year...losing my dad two months ago right at the holidays was horrible and I am still trying to come to terms with it! Why!!?? There are so many triggers that remind me of him and it makes it even harder to accept he is gone.

2015, you have taught me a lot of lessons...some good and some bad but lessons nonetheless! I feel that I have grown as you have gone on through out the year 2015, I feel that I have learned a lot of things that I will take into 2016 with me.

I hate to say it 2015, but I will be glad that you are over and we get a fresh new year...a new start...a new chance to make out lives better and work together as a family to grow and become even stronger! This has been such a hard and rough year that I honestly cannot wait to see you leave. No regrets, let me tell you...I do no have regrets..I just know that this year has been hell and we are ready for some good in our lives.

Thank you 2015, even though I am glad to see you leave, you have made me a stronger person who has stood up against many things and I am still standing! I will forever remember you 2015, you changed many things in my life this year. Thank you, while I may not ever know the reasons as to why some of the things happened this year...I will learn from them as I go on. Forever in my memories will be you 2015....

Goodbye 2015

Jen
© Copyright 2015 Jen~ (jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2070117-Goodbye-2015