*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2070403-The-life-of-Bob
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Travel · #2070403
Bob gets a chance at life
The same dull routine that brings no reason for existence, welcome to the life of Bob. He was a normal office clerk that had but one dream, to be famous and remembered after he’s gone. One day his stomach was hurting so he visited the doctor knowing not that the doctor had been paid off by a wealthy man to tell Bob that he had stomach cancer and would live only six weeks. That wealthy man later called Bob and told him that Bob had now gotten his chance to be remembered after his death.

The Mahalo people of Hawaii had a big maelstrom just outside their island that had been there for ages. Bob was to be made a sacrifice to that terrifying twister and ease its hunger for human flesh. Bob agreed knowing that he would die anyways and that he would always be remembered as the one that saved the Mahalo tribe. The wealthy man and the Mahalo tribe had come to an agreement that made it possible for the wealthy man to dig into natural resources of the island if he provided them with a sacrifice.

The journey made Bob experience things he never thought possible. He saw beautiful sunsets, thick forests, and massive waves in the ocean. His childhood flashed before his eyes as he saw in his imagination that he was looking for buried treasure, for the lost city of El Dorado, for adventure. Things he had long forgotten he loved.

The Mahalo people greeted him and fed him. Until it was time for his final goodbye to the world, and his greeting to immortality. He stood on the ramp looking down into the eye of the maelstrom. He jumped regrettably and was swallowed. His eyes opened and before him just one sign “Atlantis”.
© Copyright 2016 JohnnyC (johnnycee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2070403-The-life-of-Bob