*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/207245-The-Legend
by Joy
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Mythology · #207245
The legend of Bosphorus
BOSPHORUS - The Legend

Eons ago even before some of the most distant stars were created titans roamed the universe. Most of them were lonely because it was their fashion to fight and hate. Each wanted to be the only thing ever in creation. A transmutation to their style of existence had to evolve and it did. Between two young giants, Europe and Asia, an attachment formed.

This irked their elders. “They are not behaving like titans,” they roared. So they bombarded the link between them with giant hailstones and lightning bolts, but the two lovers clung to each other until both were fatally wounded. Together they fell upon a forlorn watery blue planet at the edge of the heavens. With their tears flowing in torrents, Europe and Asia reached for each other’s hand on their last breath; as they were just about to make contact, they expired and turned to stone. That small distance between them was filled with their tears, which is Bosphorus.

When he saw what happened, the sun feeling compassion for the first time stretched his arms and warmed the water between Europe and Asia. Then he shook the earth and brought forth the life in the dead planet.

On clear moonlit nights and on most sunny days, if you gaze long enough into the depths of the flowing currents of Bosphorus, you may be able to catch a churning flicker of light as an indication of the love between Asia and Europe.


=============================================================

Next:
"BOSPHORUS- 1
© Copyright 2001 Joy (joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/207245-The-Legend