*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2073428-Blowing-off-steam
Rated: ASR · Other · Personal · #2073428
A rant about nothing
I don't know what I'm supposed to be writing right now. I hear the voice saying" write," yet I have no idea of where I'm going with this. I wish I felt more comfortable with just letting it all out. Somehow, it all comes together. I think this is going to to be one of those pieces that just lets me blow off steam, and that's okay. I've been working on one project, and I might need to put down something totally unrelated. Why now? God knows, but I sure don't. I'm going to stop here. I feel done. Bye.


———————————————————————————————————

Okay, I wrote that in January of 2016. I wasn’t done, not really. What was I? Probably lazy. I love to write; I hate making mistakes. Avoiding writing allows me an out, an opportunity to flee editing and correcting. The rescue doesn’t save me though. It only provides failure in another guise.

If I write something brief, editing the writing seems useless. Why should I bother editing a few lines? A piece that miniature isn’t worth the time or energy to change, or even reconsider. It’s just portfolio clutter, too good to throw away and not good enough to keep.

Writing a longer piece requires editing. I’ll get to editing that someday, but not now. The editing will discourage me and force me to see multiple errors. When I’m less sensitive, I’ll review properly. Spelling, punctuation, grammar, word choice, clarity—-I just need the right moment, and I’ll conquer that task.



© Copyright 2016 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2073428-Blowing-off-steam