*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2073961-Chance-favors-the-prepared-mind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by fred
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2073961
An excerpted work by Robert Greene
"Chance favors the prepared mind'', a true quote from Louis Pasteur. In a world where we have no manual to live by, besides the directions given to us by our maker.Its quite imperative to heed to the advice and wise directives from those that have being able to thin-slice from everyday situations all necessary cues to take in life in times past. Would just share this little exhortation I came across some years back, "27 ways of mastering anything". Curled from one of Robert Greene's work, MASTERY.

1. Find your task; Follow your curiosity 2. Rather than compete in a crowded field, find a niche where you can dominate. 3. Rebel against wrong path and use that anger as a motivation. 4. Love your subject at a very basic level. What transfixed you as a child. 5. Find the ideal apprenticeship; experience and exploration can transform us. 6. Engage in deep observation, practice incessantly and experiment; deep observation -watch people and learn the rules. practice; repeat & master. Experiment; test what you've mastered. 7. Value learning over money, so you're not a slave to everyone's opinion; Highest paying tools lead you down a conservative path of pleasing others. 8. revert to a feeling of inferiority in order to firmly learn. 9. Engage in intense practice and lean towards resistance and pain. 10. Rely on trial and error ,ore than any other thing. 11. Absorb a master's power; focus on one excellent source of knowledge. 12. Choose a master who will intensely challenge you. 13. Absorb your master's knowledge completely and transform it. 14. Create a back and forth dynamic with all your r/ships- best r/ships are interactive. 15. Master social intelligence to amplify skills. 16. Accept criticism and adapt to power structure/society. Use these in power 17. Meticulously craft your persona. 18. Suffer fools, learn to exploit them. 19. Awaken the dimensional mind and be bold. Reject conservation and be extremely bold. 20. Absorb everything and let your brain make connections for you; masters read and absorb everything that could be related to stimulate the brain into taking a leap. 21. Avoid putting things in familiar categories; Do not put things into a mental shorthand to simplify everything. 22. Do not let impatience derail your plan; stay the course and develop your authentic voice 23. value mechanical and abstract intelligence equally. 24. Avoid technical lock; or getting wrapped up ij technical artistry instead of the real problem. 25. Fuse the intuitive and the rational. 26. Shape your world around your strengths. 27. know that practice is just as important as innate skills. I think this is quite authentic, especially whilst trying to relate to it. Won't be a bad idea if you take up that note pad of yours and draft a plan on how to master that territory in life you've being aiming at. A step would take you there, it just left for you decide when to rise from where you sit/lay. Have a good week you all.
© Copyright 2016 fred (laprasini at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2073961-Chance-favors-the-prepared-mind