*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2074130-Forever-Mine
by Jenny
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #2074130
Times toll on love.
Perhaps after the first heartbreak our love never feels with the same conviction again. For it is that first love to whom we make our promises.
Such grandiose promises they were.
The feelings would never change.
I couldn't live without you.
That promise of forever.
What magnificent promises they were, but still we made them, unabashed were we as they slipped from our tongues.
We held nothing back because we had nothing to hold back.
We promised forever because the first taste of love calls us to such a hope.
The things we said were said because in those moments, in those years they were felt and they were true.
We had no endings behind us to hinder that truth.
Fateful is the day we see the toll time takes upon our forever.
Fateful is the day we see our first living without us and they. . .
Well, they are okay.
The final sting of mistaken truth runs forever in our veins as we live without our first and we, despite every bone throughout our body that told us we wouldn't be, we are okay.
To those we love now, such pretty words we wish to tell them.
But these promises. . . These hopes. . .
The taste they leave as they flee their master's mouth can never be as sweet as when he first spoke them, as sweet as when his truths had not yet failed the test of time.
Nor as sweet as when his forever meant that he was forever mine.
© Copyright 2016 Jenny (morninglove7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2074130-Forever-Mine