*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2074507-My-Last-first-kiss
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2074507
What happens when you fall in love with a supernatural being?
My Last First Kiss.
Things haven't always gone according to plan for Raven. She had planned to be a famous author before she turned forty. It wasn't that she hadn't tried her hardest, or that she had given up, Raven was simply in a rut. She had quite a few different jobs over the years but none seemed to get her any closer to what she wanted.
Raven wanted the life she had dreamed of as a kid. A husband that returned the love she so sweetly gave, kids that adored her, and a job that was like spending the day with friends. Now how could she be so far off track? She was in the doctor's office waiting for the results of some tests.
She liked to listen to the people in the other rooms. Sometimes there was sheer joy as the other patients exclaimed with joyful news, and then sometimes there was silence and tears. Raven had been coming to this doctor since her twenties. So she knew just about everyone here and vice versa.
Dr. Whittlesea walked in and greeted his favorite patient.
"Hello there, Miss. Anthony. Your test results are back. Everything was normal expect for one thing." Said Dr. Whittlesea.
"What wasn't normal?" asked Raven sitting up a little straighter than she was.
"There is a chemical in your blood that is produced in the early stages. You are going to be a mom, Miss Anthony." Said the doctor as he smiled.
Raven took one look at the doctor, and then back at the door. She stood up and felt herself falling. When she came to, Raven found herself on the exam bed. Dr. Whittlesea was holding her hand and wiping her forehead.
"What just happened? Am I really going to be a mom?" asked Raven trying to sit up.
"Easy now. You fainted. A very common reaction to the news you just got. I will give you a few days to notify the father and to decide what you want to do after that." Said the doctor.
"I'm keeping it. I'm going to tell the father but I am clear on keeping this child." Said Raven finally sitting up. She didn't know how Alec was going to handle this news. The two had been together for a good five years. They had talked about marriage first and then a family.
Meanwhile across town, Alec sat at his desk, looking at the picture of Raven he kept on his desk. She was his best friend. He couldn't imagine his life without her. So much so that he had brought an engagement ring. Alec was nervous but he was going to propose to her when he went home.
He had no idea how he was going to ask her, but he had done the right thing and asked her parents for their blessing. They couldn't be happier and neither was Alec. He went through his day in a bit of a daze until he got a text from Raven.
"I have some news. I don't want to scare you, but it's important. We need to talk, it's nothing bad Alec. I love you so much." Read the message.
Suddenly Alec snapped out of his daze. He tried to ignore his feelings of dread over the words he just read, but once he saw the I love you, he calmed down. Raven never kept secrets from him and he knew it had to be something exciting if she put she loved him very much at the end.
The rest of the day went by with the usual office life. Alec loved his job. He was a writer at Notions. He knew the secret and was fine being one of the purely human writers. He was in his element and among friends.
"Hi Al, so how is the soon to be Mrs. Al? "asked Neil as he stuck his head and shoulders in through the office doorway.
"She's just fine and has no clue Neil. She'll be here soon. I think I'm going to ask her when she gets here. So no slip ups man." laughed Alec.
"Oh no I wouldn't dream of ruining that surprise. She's in the elevator, oh with a surprise of her own." said Neil as he left.
Alec had been standing near the file cabinet where he had placed the ring box. He took it in his and and turned around just as Raven reached his office door.
She walked in looking so excited. Raven was glowing. Alec met her near his desk and pulled her into his arms. Raven looked into the eyes of the man she loved. She could see how much he loved her. She was nervous and excited and so happy about what she had to tell him. They broke the hug and Alec got down on one knee.
"Raven, you are my best friend, and my lover. I never want to be without you. Will you give me the honor of becoming your husband? Will you marry me? " asked Alec.
"Oh my gosh! Yes, Alec, Yes I'll marry you." Said Raven reaching down to Alec. He slid the ring onto her finger and hugged and kissed her again as the room outside the office thundered with applause.
"Before I forget, Alec, there's something I need to tell you. You are going to be a father." said Raven as they walked into the other room.
That stopped Alec in his tracks. He looked down at Raven's tummy and back at his new fiance
"Im going to be a father?! Oh wow Raven! That's great news! You have made me the happiest man alive !" said Alec.
Suddenly something began to happen. Alec began to float off his feet. He started to glow. The light coming from him was soft and warm. On his back, two buds began to form. Raven was taken back, she was frightened watching what was happening.
White feathers began to form, followed by wings. Big white feathered wings had formed. What was going on? She knew Alec had been adopted as a baby, but this was way beyond what either of them thought.
The office was so quiet you literally hear a person drop to the ground. Alec was still glowing, he started to spin slowly, as he spun strange black markings began to form on his neck down his chest and across his back. Raven placed her hands on her stomach, someone had slipped a chair near her and placed her in the chair.
Alec opened his eyes. He saw everyone in the office staring at him. Even his new fiance was staring. He could feel something on his back but he was at a loss. He was confused and disoriented.
"What just happened? Why is everyone staring at me? Do I have a booger? Food in my teeth again?" he asked scratching his chocolate brown hair.
A voice came from the corner of the room. "Finally. I knew this would happen one day. Just didnt expect it to happen now. Alec, Raven, please follow me."said the voice. The rest of the office exploded into whispers. That voice belonged to Mr. White. He was one of the management team of Notions. It was very very rare for one of them to be around.
Philip White wore a white Armani suit with grey and black shoes. His hair hung down in long ebony locs. He was also wearing a pale blue shirt under this suit. He was mahogany brown and had the chiseled features of a greek statue. He walked with the young couple to his office at the end of the corridor.
Raven looked over at Alec and then at Philip. She remembered seeing him before. They were in college together. Funny how she didnt remember him until then. His office was nicely decorated. In the center there was a sunken couch full of pillows. It almost looked like a nest of some kind. he had been here just a year longer than Alec, and had always been polite and friendly.
Philip handed her a glass of water and helped her sit down on the couch. he then walked back over to his friend to speak to him.
"Alec, do you remember what happened?" asked Philip as he stood near his confused friend.
"The last thing I remember was Raven telling me I was going to be a father, then everything went black." said Alec.
"You sprouted wings. Beautiful white wings. No one ever told you what you are? " said Philip.
"Wait, i have what? Wings? as in bird wings? Come on man. This is some practical joke. Did Neil put you up to this?" said Alec as he reached out a hand.
"You are a Avian. Our parents were the same. You see Alec, I am your big brother. I have searched for you such a long long time. Our parents left this plane of existence to escape from humans. You were just a baby and unable to make the journey so they placed you with a family they chose. I agreed to stay behind in order to guide you. I see that you are in love and about to become a father. Something I never attempted to do. One thing about our kind, we can give our gift of wings to our mates."said Philip.
Poor Raven. She didnt know what to think of all this. Alec a Avian? She loved him with all of her heart, but what would happen to them? How could she deal with this?
Alec looked at Philip. He showed him his hands and arms. They had the same black markings. Philip had found a way to hide his wings. He had taken off his jacket and laid it across his desk. The shirt he wore was bigger than normal and the new couple was about to see why. Philip unbuttoned his shirt and let it fall to the floor. There on his back were black wings. They were lovely and as big as Alec's. Philip also had the strange black markings on his chest arms and back.
This time Raven felt a little weak. Philip would never lie about something like this. Wings like theirs couldn't be faked. She looked over at Alec who was now shaking his head. She knew Alec needed her. She got up from the couch and went to him.
"I'm a freak, how can you stand to be with me?" said Alec.
"You are not a freak. You are the man I love and the father of the child I am carrying. I love you Alec and that wont ever change whether you are Avian or human. " said Raven resting her hands on Alec's shoulders.
"Everything I have told you is true, brother. Here this is yours. It was mine growing up. This crystal holds our history and an image of our parents. It has many powers. One of them being to help you calm yourself and believe. The family that raised you knew what you were. They have since returned to their home world of Thenagaria. This can also give your wife wings after you marry she will become full Avian. She will need to. Birth is a hard thing. but do not worry if you decide to stay in this realm, you may do so. " explained Philip.
Raven stepped back from Alec. He stood up and walked over to where Philip stood. He took a deep breath and hugged him. He took the purple jewel and placed it in Raven's hand.
"This is my last first kiss. I give you my love and my life." said Alec looking into Ravens eyes.
She stood there holding the jewel in her hand, and placed the other hand on her tummy. She looked over at Philip who was smiling and putting his shirt back on.
"I accept and give you mine."
Five years later, Alec, Raven, Philip and their twins watched as Philip danced with his new wife.


© Copyright 2016 chcltroses (chcltroses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2074507-My-Last-first-kiss