*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2076737-McKenzie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2076737
A character profile
McKenzie had awoken to the sound of birds outside his tent. He opened his eyes in the darkened Olive Drab tent and could see the light coming in from the spaces on the bottom. He took a deep inhale and turned to his side, where Jeanne laid next to him. Her face scrunched up and her mouth open as she breathed deeply in sleep. She wore a pink t-shirt and he watched as she gently breathed in and out. He wondered what she was dreaming about. He rolled onto his back wiped his eyes and yawned. He sat up and sat there for a minute.
He unzipped his sleeping bag and let his bare legs in the cooler air. He found his glasses which were slightly fogged and grabbed his Jeans and wiggled into them, trying not to wake Jeanne. She was sound asleep, so nothing would wake her. He put on his boots and made his way the entrance and began to unbutton the flaps. He got outside and buttoned the tent back up. He rolled his flannel sleeves up and pulled out his Marlboros and zippo lighter.
© Copyright 2016 Brandon McCluskey (bmccluskey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2076737-McKenzie