*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2077915-The-Mission
by Angus
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2077915
A secret agent must go on his first mission


THE MISSION




Agent Sparrow had been given his first mission since joining the B.A. Army, and what a dangerous mission it was. The instructions (having been sent in the guise of junk mail so as not to arouse any suspicion) were simple enough, but they also had to be followed strictly to the letter.

‘Any deviations,’ they read, ‘could result in your untimely death.’

According to the instructions, Agent Sparrow was to somehow sneak into the enemy fortress, kidnap the leader, and bring the said leader back to the B.A. Army.

Why are they sending a rookie, he asked himself. And why are they sending me by myself?

Oh well. It wasn’t for him to question the B.A. Army’s decisions, and besides, if he could actually pull this off, he most likely would be a hero among his fellow compatriots.

He spent a whole day formulating his plan, and the next morning he set out on the long journey, always being careful to elude the enemy. The key to it was to stay as quiet and invisible as possible. After three days of trudging through rough terrain and stealthily sneaking into the fortress, he finally found himself at the door to the R.A. Army’s leader. There were no guards, which he found rather odd. Summoning all of his strength and courage, he kicked the door in.

And there, in all of her bloated glory, was the leader.

It took more strength than courage to get her back across enemy lines without being seen, but somehow he did it, and was duly congratulated by his own leader.

Two days after his triumphant return from his dangerous mission, Agent Sparrow was given a huge parade in his honor.

And why not?

It wasn’t often that the Black Ant Army defeated the Red Ant Army.



300 Words (without the title)



Honorable Mention In The Daily Flash Fiction Contest Of 3/12/16


© Copyright 2016 Angus (deadzone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2077915-The-Mission