*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2078804-Angelica
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2078804
A vampire tells her protege her life story
"I am flesh and blood, but not human. I haven't been human for three hundred years." I said as I looked out of the window of my hotel room.

"What?!" shrieked my protege sitting on the couch behind me, "What are you talking about, Angelica?"

I turned around to face her, "If you are going to be the heir to my dynasty, then you must know the truth about me."

Demetria frowned and shrugged, But, I know everything about you."

"You do?" I smirked and sat in the French armed chair across from her.

"Yeah, you grow up here in Paris, France. Your mom was white and your dad was black. Since your mom was a dancer and singer at Moulin Rouge, she taught you how to sing and dance. When you turned 18 you moved to the United States where you were found by Terry Laurence in a dance club in Miami. He wrote and produced your first album, which is my favorite; from there you became the international singing, dancing, acting, and poem writing diva Angelica Star!" Demetria smiled really hard, " When I bought your 1994 album Love, Lust & everything in-between and I listened to the last line from Kisses From Below. You said 'I think I see stars!' from that point on I just knew I wanted to work with you".

I pulled off the pink, silk scarf from around my neck and ran my fingers through my long kinky black hair, "When was I born?"

"That's easy, 1953." Demetria answered.

"Do I look 62 to you?"

"Botox, duh!"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. There is no amount of Botox on this earth that can make a 62 year old look like she is still in her early 20s. I got up from the chair, grabbed a box Kleenex and sat by Demetria. I took a Kleenex and wiped the thick make-up from my face and neck revealing the pale brown complexion beneath.

Demetria screamed and jumped up from the couch, "Wh-what's wrong with your skin?!"

"I told you, I am not human. I took off my green leather gloves to reveal my thin, cold hands, "Demetria, I am a vampire."

Gone pale herself, she stammered, "Then why don't you sparkle?"

Out of a fit of rage, I threw my leather gloves at her. They flew at her face too fast for her to see causing her to fall backward onto glass coffee table, breaking it. I hurried to pick her up and place her back on the couch. "Real vampires do not sparkle!" I looked at the broken glass table and before Demetria's eyes it was whole again.

"How did you do that?" she whispered as she looked at the coffee table then back at me.

Demetria had the most frightened look on her face that I had ever seen. "I have the power of telekinesis. Most vampires have it." I said as gently as I could. I sat closer to her; she jumped to the other side of the couch.


© Copyright 2016 Sharaine (ree126 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2078804-Angelica