*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2078939-The-Seventh-Chance-Book-1-Blurb
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2078939
Krystal confronts parts of herself and her past she'd prayed she'd never see again.
In the Taeran Empire, magic is commonplace. But in some rare cases, you don't use magic: it uses you.

Krystal is an ex-slave turned fugitive with a deadly curse and a tendency to leave a trail of bodies wherever she goes.

Nikora is an orphan with a history of mysterious familial deaths and a rather intimidating grandfather.

Aaren is a healer living in destitute who has an axe to grind with the government and a dark secret of his own.

As ancient prophecy dictates, each is as important as the last. Collectively, they know things that could bring down their entire social structure and plunge the empire into civil war: and someone wants them dead. Even as they fight for their freedom and survival, the nature of this danger begins to reveal itself, and it's worse than any of them could have imagined.

Krystal herself has a higher stake in it all than even she knows. Her time to figure out what game they're playing is running out. She's failed many times before, each time with deadly consequences.

This is her last chance.

War is brewing.
Free will is a privilege.
Death is not final.
Nothing is as it seems.

Welcome to the Taeran Empire.

####

~ "The Hunger Games" and "X-Men" meet "Steelheart" and "An Ember in the Ashes". ~

#266 in Fantasy (5/8/16)

#notallareheroes #youngadultreads #justwriteit #writteninaction

"The whole plot is filled with emotion - tension, passion, mystery - and we can feel it."

"Everything about it is flawless."

"Reading this is like becoming addicted to something. There's an incredible rush at the beginning that carries on and leaves your hair standing on end."

"It gives the same feeling as a movie, like you're seeing it all happen. I haven't read such an amazing fantasy story in a while."

THE SERIES:
1 - The Seventh Chance
2 - The Deception Game
3 - The Blood Curse
4 - The Laws of Anarchy
5 - The Death Affair
© Copyright 2016 Torissa Nikole (torissanikole at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2078939-The-Seventh-Chance-Book-1-Blurb