*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2079336-My-Beautiful-Regret
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #2079336
A once upon a time regret
I sat there looking at the my most most beautiful regret, at that moment it it seemed to hurt me more than the moment I created it but just like then I told myself to ignore it.

The windows were all but clear and the ocean in front of me reflected the morning sun with all its splendor, your white lace captured the rays like a net and made my regret even more visible as if had removed all that distracted me, leaving clear with the thought every second I sat there silent was another regret.

How I wish I had that chance over again, I never knew that my heart could be so heavy to know that just one word may have changed everything and knowing just that makes me sad to my core.

My regret even though tiny, miniscule in comparison to all that matters now appears to dwarf everything else, how can something so simple now feel so complex.

Regret is a chance missed, again and again you stood in front of me brilliant and radiating making the sun seem dull, your smile melted me then and it it still does, your eyes defeat me every time and they still do. You glanced at me for just a second at a time when you should have been looking nowhere else and you made my heart skipped a beat.

The regret that comes from regret is that missed opportunity and as I sat watching you give yourself to another, the missed opportunity to tell you I loved you, the missed opportunity when I followed you around the world. I regret that you can never be mine, yet even while I sat and smiled I cried inside I regret not saying anything but it is was your happiness that mattered and I will know that forevermore my biggest regret will be that we never ever had that dance.



© Copyright 2016 TC Bell (gooseline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2079336-My-Beautiful-Regret