*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2079784-COURAGE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Activity · #2079784
Courage is the personal attribute needed to be a Drum Major for Justice
Courage is the primary personal attribute enabling any person to accept an idea or concept. One must understand the meaning or implication of new knowledge. Where does the process begin that leads to assimilating "new information"? Can anyone engage in a new way of thinking? Yes, because the owner of that mind, at any age can make a choice to be "open” enough to consider what does and does not make sense. Even a mind contaminated by being buried in centuries of deceit, lies and confusion can open up to new thinking.

America and the world are exposed to political Candidates, and their representatives, trying to be nominated for the office of President of the United States. A friend, and supporter of Drum Majors for Justice, shared the following story as an example of Middle-School students taking a stand for truth and justice.

After a dramatic and awe-inspiring talk, the guest speaker said, "It is now time for questions and answers.”

One boy raised his hand, and the speaker asked him, “What is your name?”
"Kenneth," the boy responded.
"And what is your question, Kenny?” she asked.
"I have three questions," he said.
"First: What happened in Benghazi?”
"Second: Why would anyone run for President who is not capable of handling two e-mail accounts?”
"And, third: Whatever happened to the six billion dollars that came up missing from the State Department?"

Just then the bell rang for recess. The Speaker informed the children they would continue their discussion after recess.

When they resumed, the Speaker said, "Okay, where were we? Oh, that's right, question and answer time. Who has a question?"
This time a different boy raised his hand.
The Speaker pointed to him and asked, “ What is your name?”
"My name is Johnathan," he said.
"And what is your question, Johnny?" she asked.

"I have five questions," he said.
"First: Whatever happened in Benghazi?”
"Second: Why would anyone run for President who is not capable of handling two e-mail accounts?”
"Third: Whatever happened to the missing six billion dollars in the State Department?”
“Fourth: Why did the recess bell go off twenty minutes early?"
“And fifth: Where’s Kenneth?”

Are you a DRUM MAJOR FOR JUSTICE?
L. MICHAEL BLACK

© Copyright 2016 micael l'ange (micael321 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2079784-COURAGE