*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2081444-What-must-be-done
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Al.T
Rated: E · Article · Political · #2081444
What should be done in the face of Belgium attacks


Subject: What must be done?
Author: Al Tamehi
Date: 15 April 2016

Hearing the hideous Belgium terrorist attacks with hundreds of casualties, push us to think twice about what is really happening in our world? While our broken hearts go with those who have lost their loved ones and our hopes are for speedy recovery of the survivors, whether we like it or not, we have to come up with an answer to this question: âwhat must be done?â
When Islamic fundamentalism was born in the Middle East, far away from our shores, it was beyond our imagination that one day it would knock on our doors right here in Europe and the US. Itâs not the time to blame each other; its time to find the solution.
Terrorist attacks, here and there, in Europe and the US, are just one side of the ISIS coin, the other side is the massive wave of immigrants rushing the borders of western countries creating a major humanitarian crisis which is still at its offspring.
Most political analysts believe that poverty and lack of democracy in countries such as Syria, Iraq and elsewhere, are the main reason for the growth of Islamic fundamentalism. This is a good general statement. However in my view itâs too general to carry any weight. You must dry up the breeding ground for terrorism. The day when we closed our eyes allowing Assad to cross the red line and use chemical weapons against its own citizens we simultaneously gave the green light to ISIS to make Syria its main operational base.
The ongoing Syrian peace negotiations in Geneva for the sake of all the innocent lives lost in Belgium and for the sake of millions of Syrian refuges must have only one result. Assad Must Go. This will start the domino, the Hezbollah will go, and the Iranian Qudes force will follow.
When you want to fight back against a disease such as cancer, the solution is not to take pain killers you have to decide on the inevitable surgery. ISIS is not eliminated by bombs and bullets; itâs eliminated by depriving it from its ideological and territorial base. Push out Assad the cancer cell in the region will start to diminish.



© Copyright 2016 Al.T (al-tamehi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2081444-What-must-be-done