*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2081961-Chapter-One-Real-History-of-America
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Cultural · #2081961
This whole book will be about a woman who lives from 1543 to 2015 and she records her life
The Real Truth Behind American History:


June.1,1563
Hello, Journal where I keep my closest secrets from the public eye. Mother says I should come out of room and get married. "The Whitemore family is going broke and we need to marry you off too a suitable man so we may start becoming wealthy again. I never believed in arranged marriages. Father told me I should marry whom I want , but since he died in the war we dont have enough money to support us. Mother commanded me downstairs, I ran downstairs wearing my morning gown. As I crept down the stairs I saw a glimpse of the beautiful sun shining upon my family's home. As, I got downstairs in the Dining Room, everything was made for us to eat.
I sat down next to Martha my sister who is 2 years younger than me. Martha and me are very close friends, She wants to leave our town and run off to France with her peasant boyfriend, Louis. Mother doesn't like Louis because she thinkgs that Louis is out for our money and will tarnish the family's name and legacy. "It's a horrible idea to go to another country with a boy who can't take care of you Martha". "Listen", she said. "Noone knows my Louis like I do he wont fail he plans on investing in sheepherding and then on the side becoming a playwriter. "I didn't believe in that dreams came true, only in stories and dreams", but everyone says I'm just being negative. "We'll get married and come spring time we will have a beautiful house and everything". I thought any woman willing to leave her family for a boy is stupid but I just let her leave.
That, night I watched Louis and Martha get all their clothes into the carriage and ride away into the nightfall never to be seen or heard from again. I heard loud thumping coming up the stairs then a knock occured onto the door. "Martha!, Francesca open up it's your mother". That moment I knew I was dead meat if she knew I knew the whole while Martha and Lois wanted to leave the country and not have any string attached. I stood up and opened the door, Mother looked exhausted in her eyes. "How was work ma?". "It was so exhausting and painful", I hated the Queen and King for making everyone go to war stupidly. I thought it was stupid to fight with another country for no reason just for sport. "I'm so sorry Mother why to go to work knowing what's happening", "Because Francesca some might die but with prayer we can heal some people". "THIS WAR IS STUPID MOTHER", I said filled with anger and dissapointment. "I know this war is stupid but you musn't yell where the whole province may hear you then they will hang you for treachery or treason", Mother replied.
My body started to become less and less filled with anger and started to become filled with understandment. "Where is your sister Francesca", "Mother, Martha and Louis left tonight about an hour ago to go to France", "What did you say Francesca give me a paper and a pen". Mother wrote an letter to Martha but since she didn't know their exact address it would be sent a company and then some mailmen would go to all the Martha's in that province and they would finally give her that letter and she would have to reply back when they found her. After she was done with the letter she gave it to me to read the letter went like this:
Dear, Martha
I can't fully understand why you at 17 years of age would run away with an 20 year old to a god-forsaken country filled with Love and Deceit and not care to tell me. I want to apoligize from the deep insides of my heart and I would like to express myself to you. I would like to inform you if you haven't known already that after the Great War many people were either sick, drunken or dead and so most of the sick people they are in the corridors of France exposing their sicknesses to the public eye and anything could happen. You may not love me like I love you but care about yourself and your family. So, if you need help with finances or something talk to me whenever and we may start our relationship on new ground and go to the point of becoming a true Mother and Daughter
Love, Mother

That letter had alot of heart written into it, from the way I read it. After, I read the letter I went to put on my nightgown and went to sleep for tommorow. The whole night I couldn't stop worrying about Martha and Louis hoping that they wouldn't get the sickness. I tossed and turned over and over again in my bed dreaming about Martha. Then, in my dream I saw me and Mother in a hospice kneeling down to Martha as she lay dead from the Plague. Then, I swfitly awokened and it was 6 in the morning. This morning was very different than other mornings. Most of our regular staff wasn't here and it wasn't the same happiness without the Head-Maid yelling at the maids to clean up around the house and as the smell of bacon and croissants filled the air. This time I smelled only the incents that mother lit from yesterday.
As, I went into the kitchen I saw mother in her nightgown. To see mother in her nightgown in the daylight was a very rare thing to acquire into your memory. It was like seeing a businessman filled with greed giving money to poor people. These are things you don't rarely ever see. Mother always told me and Martha that a woman dresses to impress any and everyone she meets during her days. I walked into the kitchen and saw mother crying harshly. I asked of her "What's wrong mother", she replied "Your Uncle Jesper and Aunt Quincertia have gotten sick by the plague and it could be anytime now were they will pass on. Aunt Quince as I would often call her was like another mother to me, she gave me everything my mother didn't. Priest Kelps often spoke about how Jesus took people for a reason. Well right now at this momentum I couldn't acheive the gratitude of Jesus' reasons for taking my Aunt Quince. "Are we going to the funerals" I said, "Yes, it would be the honorable thing to do". As, I walked upstairs I tried holding in my confusion and sadness in but I couldn't all this pain and resentment is building inside of me and I need to let it out. When, I got into my room I wept like never before. I couldn't believe a woman that believed in Jesus Christ this much and did all of these godly things would be sick with the devil' s disease.




© Copyright 2016 Tyelyn Christian (ilovechicken14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2081961-Chapter-One-Real-History-of-America