*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2082762-Mystics-capture
by Myst
Rated: GC · Short Story · Death · #2082762
short story of a girl that has been running her entire life. please message with thoughts.
         Myst ran through the forest at a high speed of 75mph, her long black hair flowed swiftly behind her as if it was dancing expertly with the wind that rushed by. She closed her dark silver and grey swirling eyes and took a deep breath, she had no idea why she loved the forest the way she did but it always seemed to relax her. The hairs on the back of her neck suddenly stood as she heard a mans rough shouts behind her, he sounded a good 4 miles or more behind her. As she opened her eyes a small gasp escaped her lips just as she dodged to the left narrowly missing a large tree, only to trip over a root and smash into another. She slowly slid down the trunk and landed in a large mud puddle, rubbing her head she looked up and began to laugh hysterically until she heard a loud crack just before the tree began to fall. She winced as the tree hit the ground with a loud thud, her large pointed ears folded back as if to protect itself from the loud sound. Standing up she looked down and pulled at her short black shorts straightening them, once she was satisfied with that she leaned over and tightened the long black strings that kept her grey crop top from flying up when she ran or flew. Looking down she wiggled her bare toes into the mud and yawned, she was quite tired and knew there was no place to rest for at least another 10 or so miles. Walking around she spotted a large tree that looked safe enough to sleep on, as she climbed up she looked around and smiled. As she reached a suitable branch she settled down for the time being and slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.
         "Hide Mystic, Hide!" Her mother shouted as she ran frantically around the house. Myst ran down a large hall and slide to her knees, taking both her hands she scratched at the crack in the floor board until the tips of her fingers bled. After what seemed like forever she finally pried it open only to reveal a dark hole that lead no where. Her little legs shaking she crawled in and started to cry, "Come on mama!! Get papa, hide!!" She said tears falling over her rosy pink cheeks. She watched as her older sister ran up and pushed her back into the hole, "Don't make a sound, don't come out until mama or papa come and get you." She said as she closed the floor board just as a loud smash sounded, She could hear a man with a deep voice yelling to search the house and kill anyone who stands in the way. Sitting up on her knees she looked through the small crack only to see her mom being held by her hair, tears streamed down her mothers face her father on his knees along with her sister. The large man was yelling but she couldn't make out what he said. After a few seconds another man appeared and grabbed her sister by the arm and pulling her out the door. Myst looked back to her mother just as the man took out a large knife and dragged it across her throat, Myst through her hands over her mouth and stifled a scream. She fell back into the hole and curled up into a ball, tears fell from her cheeks making a pool of mud. Her eyes clenched shut as she hugged her knees to her chest, just when she thought all was clear a loud thud sounded only a few feet away. She sat up quickly and screamed as the floor boards flew from there original place, a large hand reaching in and grabbing her by the throat and pulling her out. She screamed and squirmed, her small 6 year old hands gripping at his rather large wrist. Looking up her eyes connected with the mans, his bright blue eyes burned into hers as she gasped for air. In one quick swoop he through her across the room and out the front door, coughing she stood up her little legs wobbling. She turned quickly as she heard a deep laugh that would haunt her forever, she looked up at the man who just through her and began to slowly back up only to trip over something cold and hard. She looked at what she tripped over and seen her sisters body lying in the cold damp mud. She screamed once more just as a sharp pain shot through the back of her head causing everything to go dark.
         Myst sat up as she choked on a scream, her chest rising and falling with every breath she took. Looking around she realized where she was, she hated having those dreams. She hated remembering what happened that day period, and it wasn't helping that she is still running for her life. Grabbing onto the branch she swung down, her bare feet landing softly on the cold ground. She adjusted her gear and began on her way once more, being careful not to run into the man chasing her.
© Copyright 2016 Myst (shandie2469 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2082762-Mystics-capture