*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2082873-Zompoc-The-rise-of-the-druids
Rated: XGC · Novella · Fantasy · #2082873
this is a rough draft of a book I'm working on
ENTRY 1.
Hello my name is Ryan Grobb, and my girlfriend thought it would be a great Idea for me to start a journal since I'm "always so quiet", her words not mine, but eh she is probally right, she usually is.
Today is starting off pretty awesome woke up to see my beloved next to me still sawing logs. As I moved slowly trying to get out of bed i recived an angry what are you doing its too early to get up expression. i just smiled back at her and said, go back to sleep im gonna get some breakfast ready then i'll wake you back up she smiled and was again back out like a light.
man i wish i could do that. but as i walked through our second story two bedroom appartment something in the back of my mind was wiggling through my brainplate giving shots of unease but as usual i shut it up, and turned on the stove grabbed a skilet and a few eggs and started cooking a few minutes later i had a pretty decent breakfast laid out in front of me of bacon, eggs, french toast, milk, and oj then i decided before i ate it all that i might want to wake kristina up because if i didn't she would prolly put me in the doghouse again, just for the record ive only cooked then ate everything maybe twice and both times well if you have a significant other you probally already know how that would go down. for thoes of you that don't it closely rival's if you were to kill your girlfriends cat and she caught you in the middle of the act. yes i know its pretty messed up but eh my mind is already teatering on the edge. so i headed back into the bedroom.
As i gently started kissing her on the forehead she swatted at me, and said stop that right now, so what could i do but do it more until she opened her eyes and stared at me, it was more like she was boring lazers into and through my skull so i guess thats my que to stop i just put on my biggest shit eating grin and looked back at her, she made a pouty face then tossed a pillow in my face rolled over and went to the bathroom, russled around in there for a few mins, came back out and gave me a look of what am i going to do with you, then she shook her head and said really your still in bed i just shrugged got up and walked to the kitchen she followed a few mins later sat down and gave me a suprised smile and said when did you make all this, to which i replied when you were sawing logs, that little comment earned me another volly of lazer eyes for a second, but it was gone quickly as she realised that her need for food out weighed her need to berate me. we sat there and enjoyed our meal. out of nowhere i distinctly herd a gunshot go off and that earlier feeling of unease quickly shot back to the forefront of my brain...
the shot gave me a start, we hardly ever hear gunshots in this part of the city usually the only thing close is firecrackers but its may, we were both in a bit of shock for a second. kristina gave me a nervous look and said that sounded like it was right outside the door! I just nodded back in agreement. she then gave me the look of your going to look right? i just sighed got up and went to the door in a half crouch, that probally earned me a look from her but eh. as i got to the door my heart was racing i took a deep breath and stood to look out the peephole...there was nothing there. my heart slowed a little bit as i took in the nothingness, i sighed until kristina asked right by my ear. What is it? I damn near shit my pants, damn it hun don't do that i may have barely squeeked out as my heart was sent back into overdrive.
I don't see anything! its clear she gave me a look that told me that she would have to see for herself and she did so then stated that she didn't see anything either it was then that we herd seven more shots go off rapidly a little bit farther away, at that same time i saw something moving out of the corner of my eye out the window. so i went over to see what it was. at that point a feeling of emense dread came over me like a tsunami. i was unable to move at the sight that i saw. there was a few people shuffling around in the grass but that was nothing unusual what was unusual was the fact that one of them was missing an arm, and half of his face was tore off, he was not screaming in pain,and his skin was a palor grayish color but he was just shuffling like nothing was wrong!
What the fuck, i said as kristina was comming up next to me as she got there she stared out next to me in utter horror we stayed like that for a good minute or so untill i came back to my senses, kristina came back around the same time as i did and immeately shouted out call the police, ill go grab the first aid kit, with her being a nurse it was second nature to want to go and help she was running back to the bedroom before i could even say a word, i grabbed my phone and dialed but all i got back was the busy tones, in my adreline fueled body i ended the call tried to call again, and again the busy tones were blaring into my ear, i then ended the call and accrost my brainplate shot " check the tv jackass" so i turned on the tv and instantly the emergency tones blared back at me. followed by this message
"Stay Indoors! America Under Biological Attack! Do Not Try To Help Infected! Spread By Close Contact! Stay Indoors!"
at that point kristina ran into the living room fully dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and was carring our first aid kit. she gave me one look then proceeded to the door. I finally snapped back to reality and shouted stop! kristen turned around and shot an angry stares my way i only pointed to the tv as the emergency tones played again followed by the same message as before she stared as i had at the message but rebounded back quicker than i had and said Oh my god then turned and gave me a pleading look of what do i do? as i turned back to kristina something pounded on the door from the outside, we both turned and stared at the door, i took one gulp of air in apprently we were both holding our breath. well i guess they can hear i said. Kristina took a few cautious steps back as i ventured closer to the door and looked out the peephole and saw the man that had his face ripped off staring back with his one gray eye witch had a murdous intent to them. i was frozen with indision.
he slammed his body back into the door again and finally my mind caught back up the the situation, keep in mind I am a male of my species and to that we have a few credits, But we also have a few disadvantages, one being that sometimes we are not always the fastest to know exactly what to do untill the cobwebs are shaken off then the plan forms and presto I knew exactly what needed to be done i turned and ran back to the bedroom where my pistol was stored i threw stuff out of the way to get into the safe it took me three tries to open the lock but finally it surrendered my colt nineteen eleven .45 i then started loading the mags with every round that i had all and all nine mags plus the one in the magwell at eight rounds a mag it came out to seveny two rounds total as i grabbed the mags and the gun i herd kristina shreak RYAN!!! the door is starting to crack, i ran into the living room to see kristina staring in horror at the door i then placed my body aginst the door for support then said hun i need you to go get your gun load all the mags that you have for it and grab the emergency kit and grab me some clothes and my boots, 'i was still in my boxers'. she looked at me like i was talking crazy so i reinforced my statement with a full throated NOW!!!!!
she shot eyes filled with lasers ar me until she finaly nodded and was heading to the bedroom, as i stood aginst the door it shuddered from the hammer blows from the man outside i turned and placed my hands aginst the door and looked out the hole to see the same face or lack there of of the man that was in the grass so then i yelled out Hey man look if you hit the door again i will shoot you! the thing paused for a second like it was trying to figure out where that sound had come from then focused its dead eye back on the door and slammed aginst it again so i took a step back racked a round into the chamber turned the saftey off and aimed low and fired a round the ringing was all i could hear, thats a big downside of firing a round in a concrete appartment! you know i never properly think things like that out. But i went back to the peephole and looked out to see if i had hit the thing and i saw that i had indeed struck home right in its left knee but the thing didn't care it kept on comming the pounding started again so i aimed up and fired right through the door where i thought its head would be again i thought my hearing would just stop functioning but it thankfully didn't as i listened i hurd something hitting the ground with a thud, at that moument kristina came into the living room with a look of what the fuck did you just fucking do! i looked at her and instantly i knew that i had just snuffed out a life and the wave of dispair rushed over me. I puked
after I contained the emotions and the repulsion of what i had just done i switched my mind to determination and said i warned him that i would fire if he hit the door again. he hit the door again and I shot him in the leg, he didn't even so much as have a care in the world as i blew his knee apart, he kept it up so i aimed up higher. kristina looked at me for a second then shook her head and said, ok but why did you have to puke on the couch! I just paid that off last week!
I stood there dumbfounded for a second mouth open, I then came back to life and said Ok so your not even going to comment on the fact that i just killed a guy but you do comment on the fact that i puked on the couch?
umm yea you said you warned him then shot him in the knee it didn't effect him so you aimed higher and fired, whats the problem? and hell yes i'm going to comment on the couch that was expensive and its going to be pretty hard to clean up we will probally need to get it drycleaned and that is going to be even more expensive. so yes im going to comment on the fact that you just fucking puked on my new couch! she said with a bit of fire comming out after each of her words!
Ok love, i understand your mad about the couch but seriously i just killed a guy, add to that its prolly going to attract more of those things so have you finished packing because we are prolly going to have to get going like i dont know.... NOW! She was a bit a taken back by my words but rebounded with, we will be talking about this later! As fire was building in her eyes as she said it then said no i was half way finished when i herd a gunshot go off then a second one a second or two later so no im not done yet! OK hun im sorry about the couch and im sorry im a bit keyed up at the moment but we need to move soon ok... it was then she realized that we were leaving, and said wait what? where are we going to go? how are we going to get there? why do we have to leave?
she was rapid firing questions at me so fast i could barely keep up! ok hun we are going out to Gordonville there are less people there than here in cape, there fore less chance that we will be attacked there. and we are going to take my car its faster and has more gas than yours, and also we have to leave because i just shot holes through the door witch makes it weaker and it will be easier for someone to break through... she responded with a small Oh, i see your point, ill just go and get everything ready then! i shot back a thankyou love, as she was heading back to the bedroom im pretty sure i herd her mumbing something that sounded like, i swear if he dosent clean that fucking couch ill kill him.......
as i stood sentry over the door i couldnt hear anything outside the door, prolly because my ears were still ringing. but i went to the bay window and saw that the other two people that were out there with Mr. face were also gone so i went back to the door and took a peek out it was then i smelled Mr. face it was like he jumped into a sewer then went and draped dead animals over him it was singularly the most digusting smell i had ever smelled, i wanted to puke again but i really didnt have anything left to puke. it took a few mins for kristina to finish getting her Taurus PT ninety two nine mm fully loaded and ready but finally she was ready all mags ready and loaded as she walked back into living room she looked everywhere but the couch, im pretty sure if she had looked at it she would have blown a gasket, but she didn't but what she did do was toss me my clothes and boots witch i put on as fast as i could all the while i had the song "time is running out by Apollo 440" shooting through my gray matter.
as i finally finished getting dressed and donned on my brother's old I LOVE IRAQ shirt i was finally ready i strapped on my gun holster to my right thigh and the ammo holder to my left thigh and grabbed the emergeny backpack and donned it aswell kristina was also prepping herself for whatever we ran into after we left the saftey for our appartmant she gave me the look im so fond of seeing of i love you, I returned her gesture. and told her to stay on my ass as we move to my car, as a side note in hind sight if i would have known how many people were becoming infected i would have told her we were taking her car!
as I opened the door kristina got a nice welcome to the infection and that was the smell of Mr face she gagged and puked right on him, it was hilariously digusting but while she was doing that i was sweeping the stairwell for more of thoes things but it was suprisingly clear i nodded to her she was wiping the vomit off of herself and gave me a small nod and said that is digusting alot louder than she really needed to and it was like ringing the dinner bell the two infected that we had saw before in the yard were now ambling toward us one of them looked up at us and started sprinting toward the stairs, oh fucking great i thought, they had to be fast didn't they! just my luck i aimed my .45 and fired hit the first one in the middle of the chest it crumpled to the floor but didn't stop trying to move so i aimed in on the second one fired a round it clean missed at this point it had just got to the bottom of the stairs and it was moving really fast so i fired again hit it in the shoulder and it spun back as the kenitic force pushed its way throught its body and exited. i fired again and it took the bullet strait in the cheek and out the back of its head. the resulting gore that sprayed the concrete. that sight was forever burned into my retina's, the next thought that pulsed through my brain was that im not going to be able to sleep for a week and just at this moument i felt a warm liquid hit my shoulder i looked to the left to see that apprently my kristina just puked again and half of it was on my shoulder and part of an egg the i had just cooked for her not but thirty mins ago was sliding down the sleave of my favorite hoodie.
I turned to look at kristina she again was wiping bile off her face and then looked up at me and saw that atleast half of her puke was on my hoodie... she then said im so sorry i didn't mean to.. i just shook my head and said hun i need you to keep quiet ok and its fine....... "Oh fun fact by the way i have issues with un clean things, more like ocd so my uncomfort about having puke on me was throbbing pretty bad" she just gave me an apolgising look i then looked back down the stairs to see that the first one that i shot was crawling towards the stairs with only one arm providing locomotion. i guess i hit its spine, so i placed a round in the middle of its forehead and it moved nomore i took a quick look around and didn't see anymore of the infected, so we quietly moved down the stairs the made the right turn into the enclosed hallway to the parking lot as we got to the end of the hallway i looked out into the parking lot,
some prick was trying to leave in his car when im guessing that the three that i had just killed dragged him out of his car and i say that because i could see his mostly devoured carcus right next to the drivers seat. the only problem is that the car was blocking my car, also the guy was driving a crappy honda civic and you guessed it. it had a huge tuner exsust on it... and when i start that thing up it will proably be like a fat guy screaming hey im big come and eat me in the middle of a crowd of thousand's of the infected, so i let out a well shit this is going to be fun, kristina gave me a puzzled look i just said, lets put everything in the car and get ready to leave ill move that car just before we leave she just nodded i could tell she wanted to ask why i was so pissed that i had to move a car but she let me have a pass.
we got everything in the BMW and had started it when i remembered that i had to move the duche's car so i went up to the car and got in the drivers seat i turned the key and the sound of a dying starter flooded my ears but it finally gave up its prise and it started. it was so loud i thought my eardrums would explode i rammed it into reverse and flooded the engine with fuel. I would say that it rocketed backward but it just didn't have that kind of power. it slowly moved backwards as i had just made it far enough to pull my car out kristina shreaked hun there are more comming, i then got to find out what a 9mm sounded like as kristina fired a few rounds into the on comming infected she actually scored a killshot as one took a round to its grapefruit, as its head racked back its forward momentum propelled it forward it crashed to the concretebut others were still comming. as i vacated the civic i wondered if i had enough time to shove something into the gastank and light it on fire, ive always wanted to blow up a civic, ive always hated them but that dream was shattered as kristina started fireing again. i sprinted to the bmw. got to the drivers door and wrenched it open and ploped into the drivers seat in the bmw. i had a moumentary ping of sorrow that i was getting kristina puke on the leather seats. that was quickly put to the back of my mind when i saw nine or ten infected run out from the appartment complex and were heading strait for us and my little Z3 was a convertable so it only had a canvas roof so i floored it in reverse backed out tof the parking space and ran into one of them. I internally tensed up as i felt the impact and my first thought was mother fucker does that prick even know how much it is going to cost for me to fix that? I then put it in first gear and floored it and shot out tof the parking lot onto the street made the right turn and was still flooring it. as my heart rate started to slow down accost my mind fluttered have a cig it will help. i reached over kristina and opened the glove compartment and grabbed my emergency pac of smokes, kristina gave me a silent look of breatement mostly because it took almost six months for me to quit smoking and i was not the most pleasent person to deal with during that time and i highly doubt that she wanted to revisit that time. but i just shrugged and popped one in my mouth and lit it up. It was bliss for a second then i started hacking up a bit, i vagely herd kristina say humph thats what yu get for smoking again. but it quickly passed as i looked back to the road i noticed that an infected person was about a quarter mile away and had already started sprinting towards us so as i got closer i veered to the right he adjusted his corse but then again i was doing around sixty so i flew past him. a little bit ferther and the road had a few turns then it turned into a descent size intersection witch i turned on. Ihad to slam on my brakes right after the turn the road was congested, cars were either onfire turned over or just wrecked a few were just sitting idle a few hundred feet up the road was what was left of a military checkpoint was in ruins a few humvees and a duce were sitting there abandoned spent shell casings litered the ground a huge battle was faught here the corpses of infected litterered the ground i slowed the car down more as the road was pretty congested all the bodies were making it hard to drive through i heard more than one splat and felt the cars shocks having to work over time just to get through, we were admist a sea of dead bodies the smell was so bad i was seriously thinking of breaking a cig and putting the peicses in my nostrals to help drowned out the horrid smell, but that thought was quickly drowned out when i went over a pretty fat guy and my car had a pretty bad lerch and another smell invaded my nose that was the smell of oil burning and i looked to my dash to see the check engine light was on! It seemed that going over the dead had been the final coffin nail, no it could not have fucking been all the times that i was doing eighty plus and going sideways drifting!!! NO! It had to be when i was driving over dead bodies some that were infected by some biological attack by god knows who! Now since i was lost in my inter diatribe i didn't hear it when kristen said Umm hun i think the your car has broken down.. but when she yelled RYAN! i snapped back to reality and looked at her. she leveled her eyes to me and said you didnt hear me did you? i just said No Dear. she then repeated well If you were listening you would have herd me say that your car has broken down as she said that she was giving me the look of what are you going to do about it?
I stopped and actually took in the scene and again my mind went from the aformentioned issue back to the fact that i was by a military checkpoint and that there are hummers here.. and that hummers will pretty much go over almost everything like it was nothing, but what really had my attention was the fact that thoes said hummers had beautiful maducses fully automatic machine guns on them.. for thoes that don't know the M2 is a fully automatic machine gun that is belt fed and fires a hearty fifty cal 660 grain projectile that if it were to hit a human it could literly cut them in half.. also the fact that most of the dead on the ground was literly in peices is a testiment to that fact.as i flicked a smile on my face kristens expression turned from inquistive to oh i dont think im going to like this..
I looked back to her and said well hun i think we are going to have to take one of thoes humvees prefably one that has ammo for the weapon on top also i'd like to grab a couple of the m16's that are on the ground and all the ammo we can find because our pistols probably wont last that long with the ammo that we have "as i said that i also remembered that i had not reloaded my weapon after i fired it last so i did so as we spoke" but with m16's we will also prolly have full auto or three round burst and I think that will come in handy if everywhere is like this.. kristina just looked at me like i had just killed kittens and then said. you do realize that their are dead bodies on the ground and that we will have to step on them to get the weapons and get to the hummers correct...she said this with a look of utter revulsion. i looked at her with regret in my faetures and said yes dear i understand that and i know it is disrespectful to tread and loot the dead but with out doing so we are going to be walking out to gordonville with out proper protection! kristina just replied with. you make a good point but cant you just get out grab what we need and then drive the hummer over so all i have to do is jump from this car to the hummer with out getting all nasty? i just looked back at her with a blank face with the expression of really their are dead people trying to eat us and all you care about is getting dirty? but i just reply with a yes dear you have to get out and help. she makes a face of well shit ok. i nod once to her and we both open the doors and get a blast of vile smell. and i let out a small laugh as i choke a little bit kristina went a bit pale but stepped carefully as she moved toward me. she lookes toward the humvee and instant awareness comes over her eyes as an infected person crawls out from under the humvee, i turn to the humvee and draw my pistol and fire once into its head and it stops moving as i look around to make sure their are no other infected around i spot an m16 by kristina i look at kristen and say hey can you grab that weapon she nods as she does that i look in the first humvee and clear it with my weapon pointed in the cab and find no one there but do find a box that says 5.56 nato and it looks half full, also by it i see a few grenades and empty ar mags i yell to kristina hey hun ill make you a deal if you come here and load all the mags i just found ill go grad all the other stuff we will need, it only took a second for her to yell out Deal!!! i smile and hop out of the humvee and then immeately regret that when some human bits burst below my feet and showering my pants and boots.
inside my head i think oh well shit that is fucking digusting! but carry on with what i planned on doing anyways i go grab the emergency bag and first aid kit with anything else from the car that i think i will need which is only a few bottles of water and my sunglasses and my smokes and head back over to the humvee and toss everything in the hard shell in the back.
kristina lookes at me and says hey hun we have about twenty ar clips and about sixty plus or minus rounds that are on the belt you may want to find some more belted ammo for the gun on top. i nod. ok hun ill see what i can find the duce will be our best bet for weapons and other goodies so ill go check that first, but i dont want to spend all day here we have already been here for around twenty mins i only want to spend a few more mins here. kristina nodded and i headed towards the duce as i was walking around the truck i thought i herd something moving i took one more step and at that moument two things happend six infected rounded the truck in full sprint and i jumped back as one of them reached out to grab me i tripped over a corpse and as i was going down i reached for my weapon that was in my holster on my thigh as i hit the ground i pulled it free and brought it up to take aim and fired three bullets in quick sucession one hit the first in the neck he crumpled backwards the second shot hit another in the shoulder and spun him around and made him fall over the third shot hit the third infected right in the groin which to my horror didnt do shit but make him flinch back a bit but i took aim again and fired at the last one that i hit, but this time i took a quick shot that hit him in the teeth just as his head rocked back i saw two others get pelted by angry hornets flying at twenty two hundred feet a second and kristina found out what the m16 was like on three round burst as they went down i sighted on the last but just as i squeesed the trigger that infected head blew apart like a bomb had just went off! i looked around for any other threats and saw none for the moment i then looked back to kristina, she had a look of utter fear on her face the same fear i had felt when i first killed my fellow man. the fear of a lost soul.
i knew exactly what she was going through but to my suprise she took a deep breath and then stowed that away, its something ive only ever seen military veterans be able to do. i got up and went back over to her and asked her if she was ok she just said yes, its not the first time ive been around death ill be ok just give me a few mins! ok my love, but thank you for saving my bacon, just remember that it was me or them im glad you took them out. but i hate the fact that you had to do that, ill be more prepared in the future. she shook her head and said fuck you on that, we both have to keep each other alive, it was just my turn that is all. now quit talking and go check that truck so we can leave here as soon as we can i just nodded and turned around grabbed a smoke out of the pack then fished my trusty zippo out of my pants and lit one up my hands were shaking from what just happened i took a deep drag and exhaled it out. Kristina told me to throw her my cigs i gave her a questioning look but did it anyway she then opened the pack and took then lit a cig of her own and i think my jaw may have hit the ground but after a few seconds i snapped back and finished my cig i dropped it to the ground where is sizzled in all the gore and i walked over to the duce and pulled my weapon back out ejected the mag. Placed a fresh one in while storing the mostly empty mag in my pocket i then looked in the cab it was clear i hopped back to the ground thankful no infected were laying there and walked back to the rear of the truck i stood at the back side for a few seconds and my mind was showing me images of fifty or so infected stacked like cordwood just waiting for someone to pop out but i quelched that and looked into the back of the truck it was empty except for the ten or so boxes that were stacked and strapped down. once i saw that all the dread that i had just vanished, i climbed into the truck and unstrapped the boxes took one that weighed a ton down and grabbed the crowbar that was a few feet away and pried it open to see that it was full of 8 m4 carbines with holigraphic sights, iron sights and IR lazers also to top it all off suppressors for each in another compartment in the box . My grin was so huge i may have had to re-adjust my pants it was a sight that i loved to see. i grabbed one and checked it over. the feel of it in my hands was amazing i yelled to kristina. hey hun can you bring me a few mags for the 16 she yelled back yea give me a second. a min or two later she arrived with three full mags for the M4 as she was geting in the truckbed and saw what i was soo happy about she gave me the look of really hun. i looked back at her i may have had the look of a kid in a candy store with a five thousand dollar spending limit "also that kid may leave with diabeties" but she just smiled and shook her head i asked if she wanted one? she just nodded her head with a huge smile so i grabbed one screwed on the suppressor and handed it to her she looked at the suppressor and asked what is this and i smiled and said well hun that is a sound suppressor so we wont have ringing ears every time it fires also that weapon is actually fully auto instad of three round burst so you can see why im so happy! kristina just shook her head agian i just shrugged grabbed another suppressor screwed it on my m4 and then put the top back on and moved it to the side and grabbed another box it was a bit smaller but heavy i used the crowbar to open it and found .50 cal belt ammo i looked at kristina and she grabbed a pretty big box i handed her the crowbar as i moved the 50 ammo to the humvee and loaded a full belt in the mark2 and stowed the ammo where i could grab it in a hurry to reload then dismounted and got into the driver seat turned the ignition on for a bit to warm the glow plugs after a min i started it. it rumbled to life so then i put it in gear and moved it right next to the duce and a half and shut it down. i noticed that it had no problem getting over the gore and thats a good thing. but i got out of the humvee and went back to the back of the duce and a half and looked at kristina as she was trying to figure out how to work something so i hopped up and and took a peek at what she had and dread washed over me! hun stop what you are doing right now she gave me a wtf look and i then stated that she was about to pull the pin on a claymore mine and she went pale, i slowly grabbed the claymore and put it back in the box where there were nineteen other mines then put the top back on the box and strapped it back down, then turned back to kristen and said im sorry for scaring you. but untill i can teach you how to use that i would prefer that you didn't play with it. she just nodded then said you know with that we are in agreement! i laughed and said holy shit i actually won a discussion! SCORE! she then turned her facial features to that of scolding but i was in a great mood so i really didnt care in the slightest.
we went throught the rest of the boxes and found three of them just had 5.56 ammo in the two more with .50 cal ammo three box of 7.62 nato ammo, one box of Mark 240 belt fed machine guns! three boxes of mre's and three 55gallon containers of diesel fuel also two twenty gallon containers of water. but with all thoes supplies we ran into a problem because that too much stuff to move into the humvee so we were both going to need to drive so that means no .50 cal for protection so only our m4's as protection but in all honesty we are only going five miles so it shouldn't be too bad. since we were both going to have to drive i figured that we might want to grab the rest of the weapons off the other humvees so i voiced that to kristen and she agreed so over the next half hour we grabbed thirty eight m16's/m4's and four m2's and at 120 pounds a peice we both had to carry one. sometime during this i had finally stripped off my puke infused hoodie and threw it as far as i could. but finally we were ready to move out to gordonville so i taught kristina how to work the radio so we could talk if there was a problem on the way. she finally started the humvee and i followed suit in the duce and a half it was only a mile down the road that we saw a family that apprently hit an infected and it stopped their car and other infected had caught up with them it was a grusome sight. kristina's voice came over the speaker, hey what should we do? i grabbed the transmitter and said nothing we can do hun if they were still alive i'd say lets help them but there is nothing we can really do. she replied with a weak "ok" she started moving again and it was a quiet drive so i grabbed my cigs and lit one up and turned on the radio it was only static on both AM and FM.
That alone kinda freaked me out i used to love listening to 100.7 classic rock and to only hear static freaked me out just a bit so i grabbed my phone and turned on a audiobook that i had been listening to the night before, zombie fallout by mark tufo. and listened to that for the rest of the way out to the gordonville city limits as my mind was running through what we might find out there i was freaking out just a little bit but i quelched thoes thoughts and turned off my phone and called kristina. hey hun lets go a little slower as we get closer to the parents house we havent really seen too many signs of the infection out this far yet but still remain cautious alright. she replied with ok will do hun. we creeped onto the street where my parents house was and we saw a dead body that seemed to not have a head. inwardly i smiled im guessing my former neigbors are still kicking as we drove by i saw ben looking out the upstairs window of his house with his mouth open as we drove by. i smiled, waved and kristen drove down the hill and just stopped i looked past her humvee to see thirty plus infected milling about some were pounding on my parents house some were pounding on my parents neigbor's house my dread was back i turned the truck off and went to the humvee and knocked twice kristina saw me get in the back seat and into the gunners posistion i told her to go into the yard of my parents farmhouse she drove about fifty meters then stoped and i racked a round into the chamber dropped back down into the cab and told kristina to put on the radio headset and i grabbed one aswell not only were they that but also they were great hearing protection, i got back up into the gunners pos and started firing. at that point the closest infected that had been drawed by our presents and was sprinting at us was sheared in half from a .50 cal round as the rest of the infected got wind of us being there by the fifty they all started sprinting half from the north and half from the west so for the next ten mins i was firing but i had to be mindful of where i was shooting them at because their might still be alive inside my parents house, as i went throught the belt of ammo it felt like i was having an out of body experence everything was happining soo fast but at the same time everything slowed down in a sence as i fired one round and saw it hit an infected in the upper chest the wound that it caused was horrid to see their was just a huge hole in its chest looked like some one drilled through the body with a huge drill bit. the next round out of the weapon hit him in the head and all that was left was a fine mist of red and brown and gray. then i readjusted for the next target. it was almost clinical as i mowed them down. i could almost see a peice of my soul leaving me as i cleared the thirty or so infected. but after they were all down i told kristina to move closer to my parents house as she did the stout figure of my father peeked out of the door to see who just saved their ass and all the dread that i had about my family was gone as he saw who i was i could see his face light up with elation and relief.
he walked to the humvee with a somewhat suppressed smile as he got there i was dismounting the humvee. before i could get the rear passenger door closed i was bear hugged so hard i thought i was going to explode by my father.i then let out what air i had left in my lungs by saying umm dad i think your going to crush me! he relesed me and said in a dull tone with a small smile on his face your late kid but better late than never! i smiled back at my father and said when have i ever been on time? he just fully smiled. as kristina got out of the humvee my father finally took notice of her and the humvee he walked over to her and gave her the same hug he had given me. kristina and my father finaly parted and she said hello richard, dad just nodded. as i was looking over the scene i could see my mom and grandmother staring out the large bay windows of the front of the familty's old farm house smiles on their faces and i could even see harley jumping and barking around in the living room and i knew that my family was still hole! i just waved to them and gave them the give me a few mins guesture and turned back around to my dad and said hey pops could you give me a hand with that truck real quick? he then had a confused look on his face for a quick second then asked soo i was gonna ask later but where the hell did you find the trucks? and where is your car? also where in the hell did you get the guns? he was rapid firing questions at me i just shrugged and said ill tell you on the way back to the duce he just said fair enough. i looked to kristen and said hey hun could you move the humvee to the driveway and park it next to the garage? she just nodded and hopped back into the humvee and started moving it. as dad and i started walking down to the duce i filled him in on what happend to the car and how i got the trucks and supplies he just nodded then said you know you probally should not have tried to drive over bodies in the bmw... i just looked at him and said you know that really never occured to me in my best sarcasim,
he just frowned and shook his head as he got up into the cab's passenger door i started walking around to the drivers side and saw my parents neigbors the perkins came out of their house and started walking towards us, i told dad to go ahead and warm the glow plugs up ill be back in a second. brian perkins was a short and routond man but his wife sara was a slender and beautiful woman it always made me wonder how he ever got her to merry him but eh it happens my best guess was black mail or that she just settled but eh. brian stopped about ten feet away and had a scowl on his face but sara just looked grateful. "as a side note brian always had a scowl on his cubby face i never really knew why maybe he just had not been laid since he got married but who knows" brian then said you know you didnt have to make that much noise! i just looked over at him, he still had the face of im better than you on. i just raised my eyebrow and said you know you may be correct but at the time it seemed like the thing to do. my family was in danger and i took the actions that i thought nessasry to protect not just my family but also yours. sara could tell brian wanted to get in a pissing contest with me but dutifully stepped in before her husband could make an ass out of himself and said thank you ryan.
i just smiled and nodded then said no problem, we are neigbors. it was nothing. i said that as i looked at brian. but then looked back at sara and said if you all need anything just pop up to the house and ask she nodded and steered brian back toward their house i could have swore i herd him say. "that kid needs an asswhopin" i just smiled, i really wanted to tell the guy off. i mean i don't see how a twenty seven year old man could be a kid but eh. i shrugged then hopped back into the truck my dads face was that of underestimation as i started the truck up dad said you know that was pretty hilarious i thought brian was going to blow a blood vessle i just smirked back at my father. It was then that my dad said. hey kid what the hell is this? i looked at him questioning he then rephrased his query to. The people what is wrong with them? and it dawned on me that he was talking about the infection and replied. Oh you mean the infected? he nodded in afirmation.well apprently it is a biological attack... Dad just gave out a big breath and said well fuck, is it airborn? I thought for a moument and said well i dont think so, other wise we would have been infected. it seems that the infection or virus is only transmitted by fluid contact. Dad just nodded and said yea that is apprent. but if it is an attack who in the hell is attacking us? i just shrugged and said well of that i have no clue pops but i will try and find out.
As i said that i pulled the truck into the driveway and parked it in next to the humvee i shut the truck down and hopped down shut the door and took a step i faintly see a dark furry blob then next thing i feel is my back to the ground and harley has me pinned as she is slobbering all over my face and neck. she is half lab half genitic experment to make the biggest sweetest dog ive ever known " im not realy sure about the lab experment part" but i started petting her midsection then move up to her ears and she just plops down on me and lay's there for a good ten mins while i give her her due of ear and belly scratches, as im doing this i can hear my dad chuckle and hop down out of the truck and head inside. after i finally finish adn harley hears something my mom is standing a few feet away with the look of thank god on her face, i say hey mom. she opens her arms for a hug and i give her one then kiss her cheek and say im back its not like i went to hell or anything, i get the lazer eyes from her for a few seconds but she subsides as im walking into the house i can see kristina is already at the kitchen table talking to my grandmother as i come in i hear that she is telling her how we got the trucks i just shrug and go to the fridge and grab a soda and pop it open just as im about to take my first drink i hear harley bark, but not a happy one but one of warning.
i look down but notice my m4 is not on me its still in the humvee i silently chide myself for not carring it but my 1911 is still on my side as i run out of the back door toward the humvee i see what harley had saw it was seven of the shabbest infected i had seen so far most were missing something weather it be clothes, one what looked like ninty year old man was missing his pants.. "that one seared itself into my retnas, then filed itself into the catagory of shit that i never want to see again" or they were missing arms or just peicses of flesh i took aim on the first one with the forty five then thought better they were about ninty meters away so i had time to grab the m4 as i grabbed it and racked a round. one of the infected saw me and started sprinting toward me i brought up the sight and fired at the first. then the second went down then i sighted in on the rest and let lead fly after they were all not getting back up kristina came out to see what the ruckus was. i looked at her she had a concerned look in her face. but just said what was all that about?
i nodded toward the dead infected and said. well im guessing the sound of the fifty going off earlier drew them i think we should be ready for more comming. in hind sight i wish we had just used the m4's it would have been alot quieter and drew less of them but eh shit happens when they get here we will deal with them. kristina just nodded but a deep scowl was on her face. so i asked hey hun whats on your mind? "ususally i never ask that question because well thats like opening pandoras box and forgetting to close it."but she just awsered well my family is on my mind im worried about my mom dad and mick. and also my brother and sister in law. that hit me then as i realised that if my own brother was still alive i would have gone to find him as soon as i knew that the family that i have that lives closer was still alive. i took out my phone as this was mulling over in my head and saw that it said that it had full signal and then i realised that she could possibly call her family! i looked to her and showed her my phone she had a questioning look to her face then she got onto the same page that i was on already. she whippd out her phone and found the number for her father and dialed.... it rang! a few rings later and a scruffy voice appeared over the speaker, KT? he said kristen looked like she had just missed a bullet and shreked out DAD! KT its damn good to hear from you where are you? what is the situation on your end? are you safe?
Kristina caught back up the what was happening and said im out at ryans family's house and yes we are safe for now. where are you and what is going on on with you? how is Rosa? are you all safe? James just anwsered well kiddo we are both fine, we are holed up in my appartment its not too bad up here. "I had figured that. James kristina's dad is a perry county cop not much really ever happens in that county, there are really not that many people there" Dad can you make it down to cape? kristina said. it took a min but james anwsered well i think we can but i dont know if it woud be a great time to be on the road. ok dad well let me talk with Ryan real quick and see if we have enough gas to make it up there to get you two! KT i don't want you two on the road! its dangerous right now for anybody to be out and about! "at this point i could tell james was going to lose on this one, his daughter was as stroubern as a mule sometimes and if her mind is made up there is nothing in this world that is going to get her to stop what she is going to do. "notice how i didnt say want to do. she was going to get me to drive up to get her family. as this was going through my head i could hear james sigh over the speaker he had apprently already figured out that he was going to lose this one aswell. and said well i can be ready in about an hour... kristina's face was one of sheer victory. she then said. Ok awesome, also could you pack up all the food and ammo and any bottled water? well now that you say that that woudn't be a bad idea. Oh hey hun if we are leaving perryville i need to go by the precinct. do you want me to wait for you two to get up here or should i just go there now i know that they have a lot of ammo and stuff we might need stored there said james. i spoke up by saying hey sir, you might want to wait for us to get up there its pretty damn sporty out if you catch my drift. kristina gave me a small nod then said yea dad just wait for us to get out there. ok kiddo will do i love you and take care on your way. james said kristina replied with you too dad. and hung up the phone. She then turned her beautiful face towards me and said well are you ready? i took a deep breath which was not the best idea "the infected stinked to high heaven" but exhaled and went to tell my parents that i would be leaving to get kristina's family soon. as i made the small trek into the house, and related what had just transpired.
The blow up from my mother and grand mother was expected, they were pissed! that now that i got here i was leaving. but when i told them that its the same feeling that they had when i was missing that kristina feels for her family they broke and said fine.. dad came up to me and said well son do you wish for me to come with? i just shook my head and said no pops someone has to protect mom and grandma he nodded. and said well son we only have a few rounds of ammo for this old 12 gauge and fewer for the barreta 92fs i looked back at my father and said well pops on that i have a surprise he looked at me questioningly i told him to follow as i started heading out the door and to the duce and a half as we got to the back of the truck he looked in with curiosity then saw the boxes apon boxes i then said well pops i think we are fine on the ammo and weapons in general. my dad just nodded astonished. he looked at me and said well son i think you are right.

© Copyright 2016 Ryan Albert (mellows0901 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2082873-Zompoc-The-rise-of-the-druids