*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083227-Unchanged-Legacy
by Jawhar
Rated: E · Fiction · War · #2083227
A 300 words short story
My name is Ahmed Gamal. Since the day I was born, I never saw anything peaceful. I saw guns and warfare. My father was shot dead when I was six. He was part of a rebel group against the terrorists. When they attacked the procession lead by the rebels, my father and some of the other rebels retaliated. They were taken hostage and were taken to somewhere in the underground. They found my home and took my mother. And in front of my mother, they shot him in the head. Since then she was living with the fear of gunshots. Soon later, my mother escaped the underground and found me. She kept this away from me, for the best.

10 years later, I found a paper. What was written on it surprised me and saddened me. I cried and shouted at my Mother. I asked her why she kept the fate of my father away from me. She replied that it was for my own good. “My Son, I will be killed soon after writing this. Your mother will not have the courage to do what I’m about to say. Follow my path Son. Fight for truth and freedom. And protect your mother and your loved ones. With love, your father” This was what written on it.

On that day I joined the rebels. I defeated many terrorists. I was considered the young hero. My mother passed away soon after. Now I am 35. I am the head of the rebels. I married a young girl who lost her parents during the war. Now I am living with my wife and Son who is one year old. And I realized that it is time to write what my father wrote. I realized that this was passed on since generations.
© Copyright 2016 Jawhar (jawhar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083227-Unchanged-Legacy