*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083481-The-Eyes-of-Justice
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest Entry · #2083481
Free Verse description of prompt of video called CROSSFIRE. Innocence killed, laws roll.
We as people, conditioned, turned, and controlled by life's path.
Wrap ourselves in comfortable ideology, repeating our belief.
Held to the window, like some paper doll cut-out, stretched out in admiration.
Because we have been beaten down, oppressed.
Oppressed by conclusions we jump to with the blink of a blindfolded eye.
Jaded we hide away, looking to the next generation,
be more than we are, or ever wanted to be.

Between now and then, before the veil is pulled, before the naïvety of life's folly is crushed before us.
Well the stage is set, the curtain drawn, the humbled souls that still abound, find few to face the truth.
But jumble them that still remain, to chase the phantom seldom seen, to cast in chains forever bound.
The whole of our moral compass pointing ever north, we work in all mediums, black and white, or grey.
When the curtain calls, no applause refrains, no standing ovations, no ticker tape parade.
If Black is white, now hushed in grey, those that know the truth, only see the fray.


Link to prompt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M42EoG1QPnU
© Copyright 2016 Don't Care (inplainsite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083481-The-Eyes-of-Justice