*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083891-The-Butterfly
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2083891
Three Minute Read
The Butterfly

Floating over the garden the sound of a wind chime alerted the butterfly to danger. Normally quiet it was now moving, the sounds growing ever stronger as gusts of wind blew by. She altered her path, being blown into a building or rocks would be treacherous.

Suddenly the sky became very dark. Rain was another story. She could fly in light rain, but with this wind there was little chance the rain would be light and the wind would whip it around, she was in danger, she had to find shelter quickly and wait out the storm. She flew toward the building, buildings were an easy place to find some protection, they were solid and once you found a place, it never changed, as opposed to plants and trees. She kept low knowing instinctively the higher she went the more dangerous the wind became.

Flying to a window, she tried to land. Failing to realize the window was open, she tumbled into the house. She’d never been in a building, fear gripped her tiny body and she scrambled to find footing, finally catching something solid.

She moved her feet, she was on something soft, and warm. Looking around she could see it was a hill, there were two flowers growing beyond where she landed and the wind and rain were not here. She needed to find her way back to the garden eventually, but right now she was safe. The flowers moved. Disappearing and reappearing again quickly. Suddenly a noise came from the hill. It was like the noise the chimes made, but softer, she liked it, she relaxed.

Tina giggled again. She slowly raised her phone to take a selfie, nobody was ever going to believe a butterfly flew in the window and landed right on her nose!
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2083891-The-Butterfly